Chapter 13

His skin feels so hot, it's insane. I take the shower head into my hand and start to wash the foam off of him. "Do you feel okay?", I ask, as soon as he looks at me again."Maybe a little too good.", he grins and I blush, turning so my back is facing him before grabbing the bottle again and washing myself this time. The water didn't feel as cold now since we've been in here for quite a while. Nathan patiently waited for me to finish before we both exited the shower and I helped him dry off.

"I'll go get us something to change into, can I borrow some of your clothes?", I ask, my towel wrapped around my waist even though I'm still wearing my trunks. "Of course.", he nods and I head for his room. Taking a complete set of clothing for each of us. I take my wet trunks off and change into some boxers from Nathan, slipping into a shirt and sweats before walking back to the bathroom where Nathan is sitting on the edge of the bathtub. "I brought you some clothes, do you think you can change?", I ask, sure enough hoping he could. My boyfriend nods and I exit the room again.

When Nathan came over to his room, he looked like he was in great pain again. He really should avoid the sun for a few days. "Can I help you with anything else?", I ask,helping him lay down onto his bed. "Can you text my mom and ask her if she could bring something against sunburns, we don't have anything?", he asks, pointing at his phone laying on his table. "Of course.", I let him unlock it before searching for his mother's chat. "Uhm, is... is your mom 'Birthgiver'?", I ask in confusion. Nathan nods with a small smile, so I fulfill his request before laying the device back on the desk.

"Anything else?", I ask, feeling so bad for him. "Can you just lay down with me?", his eyes are closed so of course he didn't see how I nodded then slowly crawled on the other side, not daring to touch him though. And just like that, we both fell asleep, neither one of us touching the other.

I wake up from a light shake on my arm and as I open my eyes I look up into those of his mother. "....how is he?", I didn't get the beginning but it didn't matter. "He's in pain.", I state, watching his sleeping figure next to me, still laying flat on his back. "I bought this, can you put it on the burned spots?", she asks, worry written all over her face. I nod,gently starting to tap his leg so I wouldn't hurt him. He slowly wakes up and I wait a moment before I start talking to him. "Your mom bought something for your sunburn, do you want me to apply it?",I ask, receiving a tired nod. He sits up and I help him take off his shirt, placing it next to me.

Liza watched me as I slowly start to massage the cold, white cream onto his shoulder and chest area,earning multiple satisfied sighs. The cream must be helping. I take his hand in mine in order to extend his arm, applying it there as well and repeating that process on the other side as well. Once I finished him up I look up at his mother who gives me thumb up and a thankful smile. "Nathan, I think it's better if I let you rest,okay?", he seems half asleep and I'm not sure if he even heard me."Okay.", is the only response I get before he slowly lays back down and closes his eyes. "I'll see you tomorrow, love you.", I peck his lips and leave his room together with Liza who thanked me multiple times for taking care of her son and wanting me to come over for dinner whenever I want.

With a last good bye I exit their house, the air outside still hot even though the sun had already started to set. I walk over to my home, entering and noticing an unfamiliar pair of sneakers sitting next to my sisters. "I'm back.", I shout through the house wondering if someone heard me. My parents are both sitting in the living room, watching a movie ."Welcome home, how is Nathan? Alex and, what was that boys name again? Mika? Yes, they said he got sun burned.", my mom asks, her head rested against her husbands chest. "Yeah, he got burned pretty bad but it shouldn't be a problem, Liza bought a cream to cool the skin and it seemed to help when I applied it.", I explain, earning two twisted faces. "Ouch, sounds painful.", my dad states. Well,he's right.

"Is Mika still here?", I ask, still wondering who's shoes that are. "Yes, they're in her room, could you be a darling and watch over them until dinner, he'll be eating with us.", my mom states, gesturing with her hands towards her room. I nod and leave the two alone, grabbing a bottle of water from the kitchen before heading upstairs to bug my sister and buddy. "Hey,loser. How's your boyfriend?", she asks with a concerned look on her face. They weren't sitting all too close but as soon as I entered the room, he leaned away slightly.

"Hey fool, he's going to survive but he's in pain.", I sit smack in between them, earning an annoyed look from Alex. "Did mom send you to watch over us?", she asks,her eyebrows raised. "Of course she did, what do you think.", I laugh, we both know that our mom is kind of overprotective, that's why she always looks at me weirdly whenever I ask if I can sleep over at Nathans. "She's too clingy and it's not like we would do anything, right?", she looks past me to Mika, who fell silent and simply nodded. "That's good to hear, keep it up. Then I'll trust you guys and leave you alone.", I say, pushing a hand through my hair and head over to my own room, letting myself drop down on my bed, clearly exhausted from this day.

Is that how Nathan felt when he had to take care of me? This worry. I want to call him, text him, make sure that he's alright. Call him? Like I could though, I wouldn't able to hear him. Don't even get started on thinking about the damn surgery again, I try to scold myself but it was already too late.

After dinner I went to bed almost instantly, even though Mika was hear with us, I couldn't bring myself to talk to him like we would at school, to be honest I didn't feel like talking to anyone. But I was glad once I brushed my teeth and headed for bed still in Nathan's clothes. They smell like him and it calms me. Maybe that's the reason why it didn't take long for me to slip back into a dreamless sleep.

The next day was uneventful, I did check in with Nathan for a few hours and he was way better than yesterday the red on his upper body has already started to fade and I helped him apply a new layer of the cream on his hot skin. The way his muscles slowly relaxed with every passing second the cooling cream was on his sunburns. He originally wanted to ask me if I'm willing to workout with him tomorrow but he's not sure if he'll even be able to get out of bed without pain nether the less do sports. Apparently he has to start working out a week before going back to his hometown if he wants to stand a chance against his teammates. He told me that most of them train every day, on the ice or not, and ever since he moved here, he let his training slack and kind of just stopped. But that did kick him in the butt whenever he's visiting his friends and they want him to join their regular training.

So I told him about the time directly after my depression, I had to do sports three times a week with a trainer since I had next no muscles and to help get my body on a healthy weight again, the doctors told me to do simple activities that would support the process. Even though I didn't like the guy that did this with me, I'm glad I did, since it did help.

After our talk, I left when my sister texted me, asking if I could come home for a second. It wasn't a second, more like hours and the only reason was her asking me dozens of things about Mika. I guess she really is interested in him. Well,I'd be happy for both of them, I know Mika is not an asshole and I know my sister is a nice person, so there should be no problem if they find an interest in each other.

My dad wanted to have a talk with me as well, but what started off as the beginning of the "Where do babies come from"-talk, ended in a "What's happening in my life right now"-talk. I'm glad we did though, it feels good to just talk to my dad for an hour, he's a wise man even if he can be kind of quiet or cold sometimes, he never seizes to amaze me with his knowledge and experience.

Alex seemed deep in thoughts with her head in the clouds, probably thinking about all the things I told her about Mika, it wasn't much but it was only positive.