Chapter 49

A week has passed and it was nothing but a fun and happy time with both my friends and of course boyfriend.

I started going to speech therapy again, I've been there a few times at the very beginning but dropped it soon after because of... Reasons. But it's helped me a lot so far and I should be good with maybe 2 or 3 more sessions, I've been told that my speech has barely even changed throughout the years.

So today is the day I'll be getting my bandages removed plus I'll be in for Nathan's surprise which he still wouldn't tell me anything about. He only ordered me to bring a change of clothes and my trunks. That's all.

Dr. Whitefield was impressed at how fast the cuts behind my ear have healed so far, even after pulling the bit of string he didn't bother to put another bandage over it.

Nathan was super hyper the entire time, he couldn't sit still nor stop humming which is normally something I would be doing. To my question of what's wrong, he just gave me a slight smirk and a peck, saying nothing else.

Fast forward to both of us sitting in his truck driving to God knows where, two backpacks with a change of clothes and the requested trunks on the backseat.

"Soo, where are we going?", I try again, taking his hand in mine and batting my lashes at him.

"Hm, who knows.", he grins, taking his eyes off of the road to look at me, his voice deep and a tad husky. Pouting, I tear my gaze away from him and back on the unfamiliar road we're on. The trees surrounding us are getting more and more dense until we're actually in the middle of the woods. Asphalt turns into a gravel dirt path and the sun will soon say goodbye. I'm not saying I'm scared or anything but this is starting to creep me out a bit.

"Is someone afraid?", I jolt at the voice so close to my ear, staring at him wide eyed and kinda caught in my own thoughts.

"N-no?", it came out more as a question than a convincing reply but it was all I could force out of myself and my slightly shaking body.

"Aw, don't be scared, baby. I would never let anything happen to you.", he smiles, maneuvering the truck through the dimmly lighted Forrest before stopping in front of a gate.

"Can you do me a favor, open and close the gate behind me, please?", he holds a ring with two keys on them in front of me, literally beaming at me.

"Sure.", he shows me which one and I hop out of the car to unlock the gate, luckily the headlights are giving me enough light to actually find the hole. The metal squeaks as I push it open, waiting for Nathan to drive through it before locking it again and taking the keys with me back to the vehicle.

"Thank you.", he muses, stealing a small kiss from me. I wonder why he'd behaving so... Weird. The trees aren't so dense here, with a lot of space to pool through them which allowed us to spot the quite big lake with a wooden cabin at the edge of it.

"Wow, this is so cool.", I almost jump out of the car as he parks it in front of the little house. The cracking of sticks, the songs of many different birds fills the air and the strong scent of earth and moist wood tickles my nose. It's quite a contrast to the usual city air and I love it.

"I'm glad you like it.", he wraps his arms around me from behind, kissing my neck with his thumb rubbing over my stomach gently.

"My aunt has a thing for nature so she bought this piece of land, build this and uses it for whenever she needs a break. She always tried to get my mom and I to come here, you know, to get away from all the shit we had to go through but we never got a chance to so I thought I could take you here to make you forget about everything else for at least a day. ", he smiles sincerely as I turn around, still in his arms.

"Thank you so much, seriously. Your aunt has it so nice here.", I take another look around, for the first time listening to the quiet water sweeping against the wooden poles of the little dock leading towards the middle of the lake.

"I know right. She said she has prepared some stuff inside for us, I'm guessing food and drinks and towels in case we want to go for a swim.", I nod and follow as he heads for the door, taking a few minutes as he tries to unlock it. It smells like wood and maybe how you'd imagine a died out fire would, lingering in a room long after it went out.

It looks so much bigger from the inside than from the outside, a group of couches with a little table in the midst of them is the first thing you see, followed by a medium sized open kitchen with a dining area next to it.

A door leads to the left side along side the kitchen to which I'm guessing is the living room plus there's also a flight of stairs leading to an open area right under the roof, held up by strong wooden stems.

"Nice, I've actually never been here myself.", he chuckles, still taking in his appearance before slowly shuffling to the other room where I hear him burst into a fit of laughter only mere seconds after.

"W-wait don't come in yet.", but it's already too late, I had turned the corner already and was looking at a king sized bed with a few items sprawled across the white bed sheets.

"No. This wasn't my doing, I promise.", he wasn't even smiling any more, instead a deep blush colored his cheeks and he pinched the lobe of his ear nervously. I've never seen him like that.

My eyes widen as I finally take a closer look at the actual items, identifying a box of condoms, a bottle of oil and one with a clear liquid.

"U-uhm.", I manage to press out, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt.

"I will get rid of them! I'm sorry, I really didn't want you to feel uncomfortable or anyhting, my aunt is kinda weird.", he comes towards me, putting both of his hands on either one of my shoulders, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Ugh, yeah, it's fine. Your aunt is very... Considerate.", I giggle, not quite sure why I'm so nervous all of the sudden. This is normal, right? Couples do it when they're in a relationship, right? Which means that... Nathan and I...

"Sky, please don't feel like this is being forced on you, okay? We don't have to do anything any time soon.", he pulls me against him, allowing me to hear his heart slam against his chest with quite the intensity and speed, he's just as nervous as I am. He's just a human like me.

"I love you.", I mumble, pressing a hand against his chest to make him back away from me and allowing me to press my lips against his. He's taking partly by surprise but he still returns the kiss, not even daring to deepen it until I signal for him to.

"Skylar, if you keep doing this we might have to use the things she got for us.", he almost growls, a hand half on my cheek and half on my throat pushing me out of the kiss after biting my lip.

"S-sorry.", I whisper watching his lowered eyes following my every movement as I take a small step back, hesitation making it harder to just pull away and let him cool off. Something inside of me wanted... More... Wanted him.

"So, how about going for a swim? You can go change in the bathroom and I'll dump this stuff real quick.", he almost shoos me out of the room but I stop at the door, my heart pumping inside my ribcage almost painfully fast.

"Nathan, I... I... Do you think we-", I stop mid sentence, turning back around to look at his equally as flustered expression.

"Whatever you're comfortable with, baby. I want you to be sure of this, don't rush things while in the heat of the moment.", he dares to stutter a few times but always keeping his composure.

"I'm not sure... I trust you and I think... We... You know...", I can't even keep eye contact yet, inside, I'm almost sure... Almost.

"I trust you, too, and I will always wait for you, okay? This is all about conversation and trust. That's what a relationship is about... I guess.", there's uncertainty in his features and the way he said these things. He seems so unsure of himself and of our relationship but hasn't he been in on before? He should be the experienced one here, or not?

---------------------------

Wow, so this is moving into the right direction or not?

What do you guys think of Nathan's reaction, isn't it so weird that he's different to his normal self? Let me know what you think!