Chapter 43

"Sky, I'm so sorry! He can be such an asshole!", Park mumbles through gritted teeth, anger clear in his usually so friendly eyes.

"I-It's okay. He's right though, I should give them to my parents or something.", I smile bitterly, finally daring to face Nathan.

"Guess it's all the way out now.", I sigh at the odd look he's giving me, a mixture of worry, frustration and anger.

"But... why did you never talk to me about it, you know I would never judge you for anything, right?", he gives my hand another squeeze.

"This isn't about judging, Nathan, and it has nothing to do with you. I trust you with my entire existence and I know you won't ever hurt me on purpose but I just don't want to talk about it, okay? I hate the fact myself and I wish I could rewind time and stop myself from doing it but please just forget you ever heard that.", I didn't mean to sound harsh but it's just so frustrating , having to tell others about this is harder than trying to forget entirely.

"One more thing. At the party... Dillon's party, you said you almost killed yourself unintentionally? So that was a lie or did you swallow those pills by accident? And you said you snapped and finally talked to your parents again. Was that snapping waking up in the hospital?", tears form in my eyes.

"Shit, Sky! I didn't mean it like that! I-I'm just so mad that I couldn't have moved here sooner... maybe all of this would have never happened.", he adds in desperation, cupping my cheeks with both of his warm hands and removing the few tears that did decide to run down my face.

"My sister was the same way.", I whisper, smiling slightly at the memory of that fierce girl, always trying to talk to me, get me to eat or drink something and crying her eyes out when I woke up in the hospital after my failed attempt.

"It's okay, Alex was the same way. She not only blamed herself but she was also quite salty about it without actually meaning the things she said. But you know what, I'm glad she did because with that she gave me a piece of reality back.", I place one of my hands over his.

"I'm still sorry, I shouldn't have... you told me you don't want to talk about it yet I still tried to force you, it wasn't right and I'm sorry.", he apologizes, his face so full of regret and desperation and I can't help but smile weakly, kissing the tip of his nose.

"It's fine, just don't tell anybody about it, okay? Bad enough my mom had to blurt it out yesterday.", I make him promise before leaning in for a short peck.

"I won't, don't worry and I'm sure Leslie won't tell anybody either.", I nod at his words, glad that this didn't end in a fight even though his words did hurt when they came out of the only mouth I never felt judged by. I still forgive him, I would always forgive him, I guess.

"You're quite the interesting person, Skylar. If you weren't taken I would probably ask you out for a drink or something.", my eyes widen at Parks honesty and Nathans hands immediately retreat from my face to sneak around my waist, glaring at the nurse.

"Don't worry, I won't ask him out.", he chuckles, holding his hands up in defense.

"Anyway, the ten minutes should be over and you seem to still be conscious, do you think you can leave already?", he asks, more serious this time to which I just nod.

"Okay then! I will remove the IV and you're free to go, unless you want to change first?", he tilts his head at the pair of sweatpants and the random gray shirt I'm wearing.

"No need.", I reply, this should be fine for just going home and trying to survive with everyone there. Park nods before taking care of the needle in my poor hand, carefully taking out and putting a cooling cream on it, then wrapping it up with a bit of bandage.