Chapter 32

There's this one song I wrote for Claire (one of the many, that is), it's not particularly sad, maybe a little emotional at first but it takes off and lifts my spirit whenever I had played it for her. And since Leslie reminds meso much of her, I think it's a good idea to go with that one. I breath for another few times before finally starting, trying to forget the nervous feeling rising inside of me. I had managed to play in front of Nathan, so this shouldn't be a problem either. My heart is slamming against my rib cage as the first few notes echo clearly in my head and I can't help but grin at the familiar sound of it.

I don't even dare to look at Leslie while I'm concentrating on what to play next, humming along with it quietly, hoping it's not as noticeable. What if I'll really get my hearing back, will I just continue singing and songwriting, will everything just return to how it used to be? Will I be confident again? What about my bad traits, will they come back and make me forget about others? I'm scared, I'm so scared of my ruining something I already have. Hearing is nice, I know that, it was important for me but it also destroyed some things. I will do this surgery and if everything goes well I will try to be there for the people I love and care about!

The last few notes ring in my head slowly disappearing and leaving me alone with this hated silence. As I look back up at Leslie, I freeze at the sight before me. Tears are running down her cheeks and she just stares at me,stunned and somewhat enchanted. "You...", she stops, sorting her words before starting over. "Did you write this?", she asks, removing the tears with her hand for the second time today. "Yeah,I wrote many songs actually. But I burned all of my score sheets once... that happened.", I explain, not wanting to set the guitar down just yet.

"Amazing, absolutely amazing. That song is so beautiful!", the girl smiles, gesturing slightly. "Why did you stop writing music? Deafness didn't stop Beethoven, so why should it stop you?", pointing at the guitar she gets up from her seat on the ground. "You obviously have a gift, a talent, so why did you stop?", she asks but I avoid her gaze. Music isn't always positive for me, I neglected my friends, family, my health because I was so self-centered around music, heck apart from a few songs that just happen to mean something to me there is nothing positive anymore. "I don't know.", I lie, looking back up ather.

"Just know, that you have this talent and you can use or not, that is entirely your choice.", she grins before grabbing her water bottle and yet again forcing me to drink most of it. "Anyway, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything, I was just curious and you definitely exceeded my expectations.", she takes the guitar out of my lap and already miss the feeling of it. "Thank you, Leslie.", thankful for her understanding. "So, what do you want to do? Sleep or talk?", she asks, sitting back down on the bed next to me. "I don't mind, of course I'd love to hear some Nathan stories.", we both start to grin and she thinks for a second.

"Oh! There was this onetime during a game when Nathan scored against the team and hugged the wrong guy. It was so funny to watch because he got punched dead in the face and the other team was super pissed at us for it. But Nathans face was priceless! He literally thought that guy was one of us.", she chuckles at the memory and so do I, imagining how shocked he must have been once he figured it out. Poor guy!

"Wait, it gets better! Nathan, Dean and I almost joined a cult while out in Europe during a training week abroad. Literally everyone stayed in the hotel because they were too lazy to go out sightseeing after like 5 hours of training, so we were the only three out to discover the world. All Was fine when we met these weird people dressed in all black. We Didn't think anything of it but they followed us through most parts of town and kept whispering stuff to each other. That's when Dean lost his shit and almost beat one of them up, they apologized and explained that they were wondering if we were interested in testing something new. Our dumb teenage brains thought they were talking about drugs or alcohol, so we said sure and they lead us to this really shady and run down building, fitting for drug dealers.", she pauses, trying to surpass her laughter before continuing,

"So we entered the house and it smelled like those sticks you light up, basically it smelled like church in there. That was the first thing we found weird and then, when we looked inside the living room, over whatever that was, there were more people sitting in a circle with a star on the ground and a person in the middle talking in a language we weren't even sure if it was a real one. So then they all suddenly stop and just stare at us with red upside down crosses on their foreheads. You Probably think we must have booked it out of their, right?", I nod at the obvious question. "Wrong! We idiots joined them, with black cloaks and red crosses on our face. Still thought we might get some dope afterwards, but turns out these people were trying to posses someone, didn't work by the way."

I chuckle, not being able to believe how naive​ they must have been. "Did they let you guys just leave like that?", I asks, wondering if Dean had to make a path for them. "Oddly, yeah, they even helped us back to our hotel and one of the guys even wanted my phone number.", she burst out in laughter. "I can't believe you guys!", I laugh as well."Well, what can I say.", she shrugs with a smug expression. "I'd Love to tell you more but I definitely need a nap right now.", I agree with her and since we slept in a bed together before, it wasn't as awkward when we both just laied down and basically fell unconscious in mere seconds.

Nathan came to pick me up soon after, while were both still sleeping and that weirdo literally tried to just kidnap me after breaking into the house through the back door which was open. Luckily, Leslie woke up before he had reached us and scared the shit out of me when she woke me saying that someone else is in the house and she didn't know who it was. Terrified! But then Nathan's face popped up in his usual dorky way and all the fear was forgotten. Leslie decided to just continue sleeping so we left without her.

"So you almost joined a cult, huh?", I tease as we both lay down on the grass, the sun shining from above with such an intensity that it's almost uncomfortable (don't worry, I made sure he actually used sun cream this time). "She told you that story?", he asks in surprise but also with amusement as he rest his head on his hand. "Yeah, quite funny.", I grin up at him, reaching a hand up to his face, touching his cheek gently. He watches me closely, his eyes switching between the two of mine. I place my other hand on his hip, hooking my thumbs into one of the belt loops and carefully nudging him closer tome. Nathan just stares at me for another few seconds before finally leaning down and putting his lips on mine and tilting my chin up to where he wants it to be.

I will never get sick of kissing him, of feeling his warm, rough lips against mine and of feeling his hands wander over my skin marking their trail with goosebumps. We part and look at each other closely and in complete silence, no one dared to say anything and it threw me back to our very first kiss. They still feel the same and still make me so incredibly happy.

#########
Updating every day sure is hard!
Anyway: I have an announcement to make, bgm7296 asked me to read his book "No limits" and I'm really enjoying it! Also, I'm pretty sure you would too so please show him some love and vote and comment on his story, it's very well written (better than mine #ripmyshittywriting) and the storyline is already developing nicely in the three chapters that are up. So please do check it out and let me know if you did and what you thought of it!