Chapter 9

I slowly melt into the curve of his body, gently grinding up to him. The thoughts had stopped to race inside my brain and I feel oddly calm and at peace. He breaks the kiss and smiles at me with almost glowing green eyes before closing the space again, his soft warm lips tracing down my jawline and neck. I can't help but giggle quietly, his breathing tickling my skin as his head moves further down. Nathan stopped and lifts his gaze backup to me, a content grin on his face. "My mom just arrived, she'll be here any second.", he informs me and I spot a glint of annoyance behind that smile. "Thanks for the warning.", I laugh, sitting up, our chests touching with him on my lap.

Wrapping my arms around his muscular frame, I rest my forehead against his shoulder and close my eyes,fully concentrating on him, his all too familiar scent, his heartbeat that I could feel through the fabric of his shirt, his breathing and the hand that roamed over my back. I let go of him reluctantly, since his mother will enter the house any moment now. "Do you want something to drink?", he asks, both of his arms resting on each of my shoulders. "Sure, water would be great right now.", I answer with the hint of a smile. He winks before skillfully getting up from my lap without hitting or kicking me.

Watching him as he exits the living room, the thoughts begin to flood my mind again. I use the chance to get my phone from upstairs since I was held back earlier. As I stall up the stairs and entering his room to search for my pants. Sliding the thin black device out of their pocket and unlocking it. That's right, I haven't answered Claires text yet, so I sit down on his bed reading through it again before answering.

Hey twin, I'm at his place right now but we're back from the mall. I actually bought a new book from my favorite author, you can borrow it when I'm done. Also, we'd love to go but I have to ask Mika and my sister first, so I'll tell you once I know more.

I quickly open Mikas chat to ask him if he's interested, receiving an immediate answer including a "yes"with two exclamation mark. Deciding to inform my sister once I get back home and heading back downstairs towards the kitchen where Liza and Nathan are leaning against the counter and talking to each other."Skylar, hello! How are you?", she asks with the same content smile her son has. "Hey, I'm good and you?", I ask politely,tilting my head to the right slightly. Her smile grows wider and she pushes a hand through her thin black hair. "I like you so much more than that other guy, you're so polite and sweet. When you're with my son, I know you won't ever hurt him!", after her statement she pulls me closer for a hug, wrapping her arms around me tightly.

Too perplex to do something, I just awkwardly stand there and wait for it to be over, which luckily didn't take long. "I'm sorry, it's just that I'm so glad to see someone making him happy again.", there are hints of tears in her clear brown eyes and she rubs the side of my arm. "Thank you so much for that.", Liza turns to face her son, who had a pained expression on his face next to that smile, my smile. "I'm not planning on hurting him, neither is he and I'm so grateful for the things he has done for me. I love him so much.", I grin, a blush spreading on my cheeks.

"I love you too! More than you know.", Nathan steps closer, pulling me into his arms and into a gentle kiss. As we part, we look at each other closely and I can just imagine the way Liza must be watching us right now. "I think I know.", I smirk, leaning in for another quick peck before checking what his mother is doing. "You guys are really cute together.",she can hardly contain the huge grin on her face, her eyes glowing in a familiar way and as I look back at my boyfriend I see the huge resemblance. If only they had the same color since their hair is the same and so are the rather soft features. But Nathan's face isn't as close to her mothers unlike my mom and I since we basically shared the same gen. My boyfriend slings an arm around my shoulder and I look over to him. "I think so, too.", he winks, before ruffling through my already quite messy hair. "So do I."

We each grabbed some drinks and chips and headed back for the living room, deciding on a movie we could watch together. Liza told us she'll come join us in a few minutes but we should set things up and start without her. "Something funny or.", he smirks, pulling out what appears to be a horror movie, "Something scary." I getup from the couch to walk over to him, taking the case out of his hand to read through it. "I don't know, is it really really scary?", I ask, unsure since I absolutely hate jump scares and literally everything over PG-13. "No, I think it's not that bad,it should be just like World War Z. Didn't you like that movie?",he smiles gently, with slightly raised eyebrows.

"It was pretty good.", I admit, reading through the description one more time. "Okay, but you take responsibility if I get scared.", I lightly punch his chest. "That's a responsibility I will gladly take!", he grins, leaning in for a kiss and taking my hand in his, giving it a kiss as well. "Then let's watch it.", I agree, sitting back down on the couch and watching him as he sets everything up and starts the movie, his mother joining us soon after.

The movie, which was more than just a little scary, started off pretty mellow but it got worse by the minute and neither Nathan nor liza showed any sign of fear unlike me. I was pretty terrified and pressed myself as close to my boyfriend as possible, his arms wrapped around me protectively. Although I did feel better and safer that is,but I'm still trembling and my heart is literally going to explode. After the most disturbing death scenes I've ever seen, I decide to turn around in his embrace, noozling into the crook of his neck, his warm big hands rubbing over my back.

Luckily,it didn't take long for the movie to finally end, so Nathan steadied head on his hand grinning down to me before brushing a strand of hair out of my forehead. "Was it that bad?", he asks, continuing to message my scalp with the tips of his finger. "No, I was just tired.", I lie but it's crystal clear that I'm lying and he knows that. "I'm sorry, we should have watched something else then.",he apologizes, brushing his hand through my hair completely. "It's fine, I had fun as well.", I grin, scooting a little closer, our chests pressed together. He smirks before leaning down to kiss me once again. I stopped worrying about repeating my mistake from earlier but still trying to concentrate on what's happening in front of me, rather than just being swept away by my thoughts.

My watch suddenly vibrates and I can't help but flinch violently, the movie still kinda in my head. "Hey, calm down, it's okay.", he kisses the tip of my nose carefully. "I know sorry, it caught me off guard.", I blush,checking the message on the tiny screen. A message from Anna, who would have guessed! With one last proofing glance towards Nathan, I open it.

Hey Sky, I'm writing this for Timmy, he wanted to let you know that his friend thinks your name is awesome, so now they renamed a toy after you. He wouldn't stop begging me to tell you and since I didn't want to call (you could have been busy or something)I had to write. Sorry if we bothered you.

That's not too bad, at least she's not begging me to come over or anything. I twist my wrist to let Nathan read it, the smile on his immediately vanishing as soon as he read the name of the sender. "You should invite her to go to the pool with us, then you can tell her you're gay and mine.", he grins at his own idea, pleased with it. Well, that really would be the easiest way out of this whole situation. I simply not, pulling out my phone to answer her.

Hey Timmy and of course Anna, that's really sweet of you! Sky is actually just my nickname, my full name is Skylar Haha . Question, do you guys want to come to the pool with me and some of my friends on Tuesday? It'd be cool if you could come.

I let Nathan read it and received an approving nod before I send it. "Happy now?", I ask,trying to make it sound as amused as possible. "Not yet.", he stares at me for a second, his expression blank but a smile soon tugging the corners of his mouth upwards. "Then you'll have to wait until Tuesday.", I didn't want it to come out as rude and I hope he knows that. "Aren't you being all sassy.", he launches forward, rolling himself on top of me, pinning me down. "What should we do against that attitude?", he asks, with a diabolic smirk. "Nothing because you're mother is right there.", I point to the woman sitting at the other end of the couch with an amused face and her phone raised to take pictures of us. The weight on top of me disappears in milliseconds as he jumps towards his mother,trying to snatch her phone from her hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You guys won't believe it, but I wrote 10k words yesterday, so I'll slowly upload them in 1500 words long chapters! Have fun with that hehehe!