Chapter 20

Okay, maybe I've been overreacting.We've only been together for about a month so there's no need to question our habits. "Which do you want to do first?", he asks,pulling me towards the bed with a sly smirk. "Well, the way you're looking right now I guess there's also a third option.", I blush at my statement and Nathans eyes squint for a split second. I've never seen him do it, the way his gaze is lowered right now, like a wolf watching his prey. We reach the bed and I shiver as my back hits the mattress. He didn't push me, instead, he slowly lowered me towards it, somewhat crawling above me. His lips collide with mine soon after, keeping me no time to react other than to clench a hand into the soft mess of black hair and earning a silent moan into our kiss.

I still can't help but grin at that reaction, fascinated by the fact that even he has his own weak spots.Makes me wonder if there are more and if so where they are but I'm also too scared to try and find them. He breaks the kiss, his face just hoovering above me with a soft smile, the earlier smirk practically kissed off of it. "I love you.", he plants tiny kisses all over my face, making me laugh and squirm away from underneath him. "I love you too, but please stop.", I giggle,staring up at him as he finally did stop. "I promise I'll explain everything to you once... I kinda accepted myself.", he's so vulnerable , the strong, independent Nathan is unsure of himself. "You don't have to tell me at all if you don't want to, you know I respect that.", he nods before rolling next to me, pulling me into his embrace and against his warm body.

I must have fallen asleep (which was kinda the point) and I was woken up by a few vibrations around my wrist, blinking my eyes open to glance at the small screen but something heavy around my waist and sort of lower stomach keeps me in place. It takes my slow brain to realize that that's Nathan's arm,smiling at the mere memory of the touch of his lips. As carefully as possible, I lift it off of me in order to get up from the bed and stand up. My phone should be in my suitcase, if not then it's still in the truck. I try to open the zipper quietly, not sure if I succeed or not. No phone, much to my disappointment but at least Nathan is still asleep so I decided to head downstairs and search for the car keys.

Entering the downstairs hallway, I notice a tall, blurry frame standing in front of the almost see through glass of the front door. I quickly find his keys on the broad cupboard , grabbing them and heading for the door. As I I open it, Dian's dark green eyes immediately fall onto me and a small smile tugs the corners of his frown upside down. He's holding a cigarette in his hand, his phone in the other. "Hey there! I saw you guys sleeping so I didn't want to wake you up.", he informs me,motioning to what I assume the guestroom. "Uhm yeah, I didn't really sleep well at all so Nathan offered a nap.", I blush yet again at the stupidity of my own words. He chuckles. "I just wanted to let you know that if anything should happen you can always come to talk to me. Not only I'm a handful but he is as well and he may play it tough but he's just as broken and fucked up as every other kid his age.", I swallow hard at his words and something pulls at my heart. Everyone keeps telling me that Nathan isn't quite how I think he is.

"Everyone with a past like his would have it a little harder later on in life, so there's nothing fucked up about it.", he cracks a smile at my words. "Wait until you meet his ex, you'll understand everything then.", he puts his cigarette in his mouth before blowing a disgusting cloud of smoke into my face. I cough slightly, turning around to head for the driveway, opening the car doors as I draw closer. As expected, my phone is still in the passengers seat, quite hot from laying on leather in a hot car under the direct impact of the sun. I turn the screen on and the previous messages pop up.

Mom

Alex

Anna

Claire

And to my surprise even one From Aurora, Junias girlfriend.

I open each one as I walk back to the house, paying no attention to the cousin still smoking.

Hey sweetie, just wanted to ask if you guys made it there safely , you promised you'd text as soon as you get there. -frowning emoji-

Damn it, I did forget to tell my parents! I quickly respond to it, apologizing multiple times then moving on to the other ones.

Hey bro, you better tell mom you made it without accidents and death cause she's kinda flipping here lol. Hope you guys have fun over there.

Of course, my sister being my last hope of not getting grounded. Has it ever even been the other way around?I mean, I am the older sibling.

Hey Skylar, just wanted to wish you a safe trip and tons of fun with your boyfriend. I hope we get to do something together in the course of the summer break, that would be pretty cool! Anyway, hope you're enjoying yourself. Oh and 'hey' from Timmy, he misses you too!

Anna really is such a kind person, it was fun spending time with her and the others and the pool, maybe we could do something similar again. I answer her as well while placing the key back where it was, wondering if I locked the car and heading back upstairs where Nathan is still sound asleep.

What's up Hot Stuff! How's everything over at your man's house? Did you guys do the do in his old childhood room? Hahaha, that'd be epic!

Wow, the previous messages were all nice and 'Hope you're doing good' and Claire literally asked me if we had Sex. God, I love this girl!

Hello Skylar, you probably don't have my number, this is Rory.I just really wanted to say hey and ask if you two cute gays want to hang out with us two even cuter gays lol

I honestly did not expect that but nevertheless I still cracked a smile.

Hey Aurora, it's cool to have your number now! And of course!I'd love to do something with the two of you! Unfortunately, we're out of town right now but I'll let you know as soon as we're back home, I'm sure we'll figure something out that'll be fun.

It makes me happy, seeing all these people care about me and I'm not even sure if I'd know all of them if it weren't for Nathan. I turn to look at his sleeping figure,wondering if he's having a bad dream because of the way his eyebrows are furrowed and teeth gritted together tightly. My right hand gently rubs over his cheek and his expression softens almost immediately while leaning into the palm of my hand. He's like a dog sometimes.

Suddenly, his eyes fly open, panic flashing through them as he sits up straight. "It's okay! It was just a bad dream, that's all.", I try to calm him. He stares at me with an unfamiliar look on his face as if he doesn't recognize me or something. "Baby, it's me.", I try to ignore the fact that I just called him baby for probably the first time and wrap my arms around his shivering frame. It reminds me of that morning after prom,where he had told me all about the reason they even moved so far away from their hometown. It's a weak side of Nathan I barely get to see.Dian's words fight their way back to the surface of my brain.

Fucked up

I can't really believe that these two words could ever describe him for he's way too strong and...

########################

You guys!! First of all: Thank you guys so much for your good luck wishes for my math test! I was so nervous that I almost threw up before I even got to school lol. It was okay? I guess? I don't know for sure though.

Anyway, second of all! I created an Instagram account for you guys to stalk me! You get to keep tabs on me and remind me to actually write for a change of pastry! I'm kiiidding! But you do get to see how I work (sloppily and with no editing what so ever rip), where I live (Spoiler: Not under a bridge) and when I'll be updating.

You also get to be the first people to check out my new book that I started a few months ago and you get to choose the cover with me! Jejjjji! Sounds like fun right?? RIGHT??!!

SO, go follow me, my account name is writingisweird and I'd so appreciate it if you'd at least check it out once. Pretty Please?