Chapter 52

"How about some food and then bed?", Nathan suggests after a few more moments of silence, his warm breath tingling at the side of my neck and making the tiny hairs on it Stand up.

"Sounds tempting.", I whisper back, my lips brushing over his shoulder before I finally take a small step backwards, the darkness still engulfing us with only the moon and some of the outside light of the cabin illuminating his face in frontof me.

"Then let's go.", he gives my hand a tight squeeze before leading me out of the water, the cold air making the drops tingle on my skin and goosebumps invade every inch of my body as I shiver.

"I'll go grab some towels, hold on.", Nathan let's go off me, swiftly maneuvering his dripping self along the living room area.

"Wait, how about... we go take a shower first...together.", I add the last word as quiet as possible, feeling some color slip back to my cheeks.

"Ah, sure. I'd love to.", he holds a hand out towards me, smiling gently with a soft grin on his facial features,the blush from before hasn't yet subsided either.

I take his hand in mine and together we head over to the bathroom, where I watch him turn the water on and check the temperature multiple times before turning back to face me.

"You go ahead, I'll go grab something to change into real quick. It's okay if I go through your back, right?", he asks and I nod with a smile.

"Sure, thank you.", I press a kiss against the side of his mouth, quickly disappearing into the steamy shower cabin and enjoying the warm water on my cooled down skin. I haven't noticed just how cold I've been the entire time, my whole body covered in goosebumps.

Nathan doesn't take long, his head popping up between the fogged up glass and the dark brown stone wall. He enters without saying anything, his hands subconsciously grabbing a hold of my waist and pulling me closer. It's not like the shower cabin was small or anything, quite the opposite to be honest, spacious enough for two people to stand freely without having to touch, yet it felt as if we had to get as close together as possible.

And I enjoyed it. Feeling his soft and wet skin underneath my fingertips, his lips gently brushing over mine without staying long enough for a kiss. I smile as I brush some of his black hair back to stop more drops to drip onto both his and my face.

"I love you.", he whispers, voice a bit more husky than usually and sending shivers down my back.

"I love you, too.", this time our lips actually stay sealed together and his tongue soon after traces along my lower one. Memories of our first real kiss flood me like the water from above, the uncertainty and doubt I was feeling. Kissing him like this has become so normal to me, almost as normal as breathing or walking.It's something I greatly enjoy and would never want to stop doing. Ever.

I gasp into the kiss as I feel something cold against my back, a liquid being massaged onto it and the scent of strawberries immediately filling the hot air. His hands both work their way along my back, shoulders and arms while not daring to break the kiss just once.

My body shivers slightly at the gentle touch, my nose tickling from the sweet scent surrounding us making this moment even more dreamy than it already is. The foam doesn't stay on me for long since neither one of us turned the water off, so it automatically rinsed everything of the second his hands uncovered it.

His touch wanders back up to my neck, an insanely warm sensation spreading from the hand rested there, his thumb drawing small lines below my jaw.