Chapter 17

"My little sister just walked in onus.", I whisper in disbelief, immediately getting up and locking the door. Nathan was sitting on my bed, leaning against the wall at the other side and watching me closely. "Could have been worse, or?",he asks as I walk back over to him. Yeah, he's right, my mom or my dad would have been way worse. I bury my face into my sweaty palms and sigh or maybe even groan. Why didn't I just stop the first time,how could he have intoxicated me with that kiss so much? I slowly look back up again after my heart has slowed down again. "I'm Sorry.", is the first thing he had said, a sad and embarrassed expression on his features. "It's not your fault.", I mumble,smiling reassuringly. And it's true, it's not.

We didn't do anything like that afterwards, we just talked about the weirdest things or places we've been, things we've eaten and people we've met. It made me forget about that happened earlier and neither Nathan nor my sister brought it up again during lunch. She didn't even give us dirty or let's say knowing looks, she just sat there, ate her food and occasionally small talked with our parents.

Nathan decided to just stay over for the rest of the day but almost refusing to sleep over. Was it because of what happened earlier, or better, what didn't happen. I wonder how far we would have gone if my sister hadn't interrupt us?

"I'll see you tomorrow, baby.",he smiles, pecking my lips with his for a few times, never giving me the chance to return or deepen it. Which is good, since my dad is standing behind us with a blank expression. Well, no, it wasn't blank but not very emotional. "Yeah, I'll see you then.", I smile as well, my hand resting on his hip and drawing just an inch loser to kiss him for real. I didn't even care anymore. He breaks it soon after, amusement next to something he hardly expresses infront of me. Embarrassment. Probably because of the man standing way too close and staring at us. "We'll text.", he states before leaving for real.

My heart aches, itches even, as I watch the door close behind him. Maybe I expected it to open again, for his face to show back up saying that he'll sleep over. I don't understand what he's done to me, I was never so obsessed with one person, not even with Claire.

Oh that reminds me, I could text her and ask if she wants to come over instead. I need someone right now.Slowly, I turn around, my dad still standing there with this half blank expression, it's almost like he wants to say something to me.But what, dad? I can't read your thoughts. "You seem happy with him.", he finally cracks a smile and peels his eyes off of the closed door and onto me. "I am. He just makes me so happy.", I grin . We've had this conversation a few times already, why does he always state the same thing over and over again. Does he not believe me? Does he think I'm lying or being forced into this relationship?"Hey, is it okay if Claire sleeps over tonight?", I ask knowing that she will most likely be at home anyway. "Sure, she's always welcome here, you should know that by now.", he chuckles like I just made a mistake or something. So, is Nathan not welcome here?

With a last nod, I leave him standing there and head for the stairs that lead up to my room, entering with a tired sigh. I don't know what to do or think now. Staring at my bed, I try to picture the way I was straddling his lap, capturing his lips with mine and tugging at his silky black hair. Sensitive scalp.I wonder what it must have looked like for Alex when she entered without prior warning. Was she shocked, surprised? It didn't seem like it when I noticed her for the first time. It was genuine happiness on her face.

I grab my watch which was laying on my night stand, clipping it around my wrist and checking the notification bar. A hand on my shoulder makes me flinch in surprise and thrash around to see my sister standing there, her blonde hair tied up to a ponytail with only a few strands framing her face. She smiles , that kind of warm smile that runs in my mother's side of the family. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for earlier, I didn't mean to interrupt you guys.", she tilts her head slightly, making her hair slip off of her shoulder. "It's fine and thank you for not telling Mom and Dad.", I don't even wanna know how they would have reacted. "Of course, not even I would do something as evil as that.", she grins widely.