Teaser ✔

This is a teaser for the upcoming book. Enjoy.

"Are you sure there is nothing you can do?" Brendon asked the lawyer. Ryan's face was covered by his hands, as Brendon was tapping his finger. It's been ten years since Sarah took Brooke away, but it felt like yesterday. No note, no call, not even a text message from her. They were sitting in the front room of their house. Mostly everything has stayed the same in the house, especially Brooke's old room. The door of her room is mostly closed but yet it still cleaned and taken care of. No matter how many times Brendon tells himself, he can't help but to go in there and clean it; in hopes that Brooke will come back to them. Nonetheless, Ryan is emotionally supportive as is Brendon to Ryan. Ryan still thinks of Brooke, no matter how much he tried not to. He was like her father for a while, even if that's a short amount of time.  

"I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do. The court ruled already. They deemed Sarah to best parent." Their lawyer replied, a little guilt in his voice. Brendon's knee was bouncing up and down. Ryan encircled his arms around the other man. Brendon clutched the edge of the couch with sadness and anger. Ryan was no stranger to depression, and it was clear that Brendon was suffering from it. Often times, he was sit in Brooke's room and look at the old photo of him and Brooke that was taken by Ryan. Sometimes, he goes in fits of relentlessness, and vise versa. Ryan attempts to push his sadness aside and help Brendon with his. He gently rubbed Brendon's back in attempts to calm him down.     

"It's been ten years. Come on, there has to be something that we can do. What if we go to the court again?" Ryan asked, his eyebrows creasing with confusion. 

The lawyer shook his head, "There is nothing. Unless Sarah is caught doing something illegal and is deeming unfit to raise Brooke, then the court will just tell you what I've told you." The lawyer said. Tears streamed down Brendon's face, when he let out a heartrending sob. Ryan bit his lip sadly and pulled Brendon closer to his chest. "Listen, Mr. and Mr. Urie, I believe that you would be great fathers. And I believe that, and excuse my language, that bitch shouldn't have taken Brooke away from you two. But, I'll do all I can to get Brooke back. I'll talk to the court once again." 

Brendon sighed. "Thank you so much." 

"You're welcome. Have a nice day." The lawyer turned and left after biding them goodbye. Brendon stood suddenly and began to turn around. Tears still streamed down Brendon's face. He looked lost, yet angry at the same time. His face was red, and his eyes were distant.

Ryan took note of his movements, and put his hand out for Brendon. "Brendon-" Ryan was cut off by Brendon turning back to Ryan with bloodshot eyes. He looked broken, his face reddened like a cherry tomatoe. There were bags under his eyes. He hadn't sleep in a while. And Ryan knew why. 

Today was the anniversary of Brooke being taken away. 

Ryan stood and walked over to Brendon. Wrapping his arms around the man, he pulled Brendon to his chest. Brendon sobbed and fell to the ground. He laid on his knees, his hands covering his face. Ryan knelt to the ground along with Brendon, still wrapping his arms around him. Humming sweet things in Brendon's ear. Brendon was weak in his arms, his shoulders slumped. 
"

I- I'm such a h-horrible f-father. I- I did t-this to he-her." He sobbed, his chest heaving back and forth. Ryan continued to hum to him. 

Ryan stook his head. "No, Brendon, you did do this. Sarah did. It isn't your fault." Ryan held him tighter in his arms. 

"We have to get her back, Ryan, we have to." Brendon whispered, looking deep into the man's eyes.

"We will, we will." Whispered Ryan back. Ryan promised himself, for him and Brendon, to get Brooke back no matter what. No matter what it took. 

Brendon pressed his face back into Ryan's chest. "I love you Ryan."

"I love you too, Brendon."