Chapter Fourteen

Double update.

Enjoy.

"We are not getting another dog!" Ryan laughed at Brendon. The day went on and for some reason, Brendon wanted to look into the pet shop. Brooke stood behind Brendon and Ryan. Her eyes could help but look around at the dogs that barked happily. A Pet Smart was placed in the mall and little dogs and cats were in cages.

"But!" Brendon called, raising finger up in the air. "Bogart and Penny Lane are our dogs. But we could get one for Brooke." Brendon whinned. Brendon and Ryan held bags that held clothing in it. Even though Brooke protested and attempted to carry them, they held them for her.

"How do you know if she even wants a dog? Have you asked?" Ryan rolled his eyes.

"How do you know if she doesn't want a dog? Have you asked?" Brendon mocked.

"You are impossible." Ryan said.

Brendon rolled his eyes, turning around and facing Brooke. Neither of them realized that she had wondered off. "Brooke?" Brendon called. With no reply, they found a figure over by a cage a few feet away.

Brookes head snapped over to the two men walking her way. Her eyes casted to the floor and she muttered, "I- I just want to look at the dogs. I'm sorry."

"It's okay princess. So, since Ryan is being a huge dick-" Brendon was cut off by Ryan.

"Hey!"

"Anyway, we wanted to know if you wanted a dog." Brendon talked over Ryan. Brookes eyes widened. She's never had a dog but always wanted one. But Brendon and Ryan already have two dogs, and Brooke didn't want to force them to adopt another.

"A-are you sure?" Brooke asked.

"Of course. So is that a yes or a no?" Brendon asked his eyes glancing at her.

A smile crossed her face slightly, "I've always wanted a dog..." Brooke muttered.

"Then it's settled, we are getting a dog." Ryan rolled his eyes once again. "Which one are you looking at?" Ryan asked.

Brooke glanced over at what she was looking at earlier. There were five German Shepherds in a pen. Four of them ran around happily, while the other one sat in the corner. The one in the corner caught her eye the most. It was a snow white colored dog, with two different colored eyes. His abnormal large ears wiggled. Brooke couldn't help but smiled at the dog. She gently reached in and placed her arm near the dog. The dog stood and sniffed her slowly.

"You like this one?" Brendon asked. Brooke nodded softly. She placed both of her arms out to grab the dog, but before she could grab the dog, it leaped into her arms and licked her face. She giggled at the dog.

A woman walked over. "Oh! I see you've found a dog. Would you like to adopt her today?" Brooke looked over at Brendon and Ryan worrying but with both of them nodding yes, they began to adopt.

The woman was an older woman, with thin brown hair and green eyes. They sat down on seats in the little office areas, Brooke placing the dog on her lap.

"So what are you going to name her?"

"I'm thinking about the name, Iris." Brooke replied. Iris' ears perked up when she said that. "You like that name Iris?" The dog licked her face.

"I'll take that as a yes." Brendon chuckled from beside her.

"Welcome to your new family." Brooke kissed the Iris on the head.

***

Shitty update. I'm sorry. I'm not feeling the best today and I have a headache.

I'll be updating tonight once again.

-THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT-