Chapter Twenty Seven

Question: Do you guys enjoy the everyday updates that I've been doing lately? I've noticed that it went from eleven votes in the beginning, to only three votes right now. Is there something you would prefer me to do in this story? Please tell me if there is something you want to see happen. Leave a comment on this paragraph if you have an idea!

Shit, short chapter and I'm not happy with it. Longer chapter ahead (posted most likely tonight) and I'm slightly on writers block. But I hope you enjoy this.

*

"Are you sure you don't to talk about it?" Brooke asked, gently pressing a cloth to Brendon's forehead. Brendon sighed in content at the soft, cold white cloth laid on his head. Ryan brought the cloth a while ago, before leaving the pair alone. It was clear that Brendon didn't want to leave Brooke's side. Brendon's head still pounded slightly as did his heart. He couldn't tell what was reality and what was a dream. He looked at Brooke, with a slight pain crossing his face. She stared at him with concern in her brown eyes from her spot on the bed. Brendon sighed, frowning, before answering her question.

"I- I just had a horrible dream," Brendon paused, debating whether or not to tell Brooke what happened in the dream. Brooke looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "Y- you got hurt, shot. You ended up dying and- and I couldn't do anything about it. Then the second dream was me and Ryan. I looked for you and Ryan said something. And it was so clear. He said, "She's still with Sarah." and I couldn't take it. I thought it was real." Brendon breathed out. Brooke tensed at the name but tried to mask it. She was shocked about what he was dreaming about. She was struck with sadness but she dropped the cloth, and reached out and grabbed his hand in hers.

"None of that is real, Brendon," Brooke said, tightening her grip on his. He smiled, hold her hand. "I'm still here; I'm not dead and I'm not with- with that witch. I'm here with you and Ryan, and nothing is going to change that." Brooke said gently. Brendon couldn't help but feel tears build up in his eyes. She smiled sadly, brushing the tears in his eyes with her finger.

"I love you so much Brooke." Brendon said, nearly in a whispered. He didn't expect Brooke to answer. Brooke stopped, but felt her heart become warm. No one has really ever told her, besides Brendon and Ryan, has told her that they love her.

"I- I love you too Brendon." Brooke answered quietly. Brendon was shocked that she would reply, but, he was happy that she did. He finally sat up on the bed, the blankets shifting around him.