Chapter Fourty

Last chapter!

Please read the authors more at the end for the third book details.

Extra long chapter ahead with, this time, a happy ending (unlike the last book)

Chapter Fourty

"Brooke, today's the day." Ryan sung, sliding a plate of three pancakes and bacon into the table. Brooke smiled gently, looking down at the plate of food which was her favorite - strawberries, bannanas, and blueberries with penut butter and butter, topped with syrup. Odd combination for anyone who didn't understand why. It's good once you try it, it's really tasty! She always told everyone who questioned why she would eat something like that. Ryan placed a cup of milk in front of her, parting her head lightly.

Brooke looked at him happily to the food wake up call. She had barely gotten any sleep the night before, her nerves keeping her up. Anger, sadness, and happiness was making her heart rush while she was able to keep still. She was glad that Ryan would make her breakfast - her favorite breakfast on the day that they've been all looking forward to, whether it was dread or excitement. It was the day of Sarah's trail.

"Thank you, Ryro." She kissed Ryan on the cheek before taking a seat in the chair at the table that Ryan had pulled out for her. Brooke was still in her pajamas in which she slept in: one of Brendon's large shirts that dangles to her thighs, a black pair of shorts that was hidden under the shirt, and white pair of white knee-high socks. It was the most comfortable to sleep in, and she usually always wore the same thing. Ryan placed another two plates of pancakes in front of the other two chairs, along with coffee cups.

Brooke sat down, munching on a piece of bacon that was covered in syrup. Brendon came down the stairs, thumping his feet all the way down. He was wearing his boxers and a white shirt, a green housecoat hanging on his shoulders. He rubbed his eyes tiredly, walking towards the kitchen. "Morning babe," He pecked Ryan's lips before walking over to Brooke. "Morning my wonderful daughter!" He smiled happily, kissing her forehead.

Brooke looked back her father with a smile, before saying back to him, "Morning my loving father!" She mocked him. Brendon chuckled and sat down in one of the chairs, looking at the plate of food. Ryan sat down in the chair next to Brendon, picking up his fork. Two out of the four peices of bacon were gone off of Brooke's plate as she continued to eat. She thanked Ryan, "Thanks for the breakfast, Ryan. It's really good." Brendon also said a thank you, while all of them started to eat.

"I'm glad you like it, babygirl. I knew that this is your favorite." Ryan took a bite of his pancake after cutting it with his knife. It was her favorite, since she was in her period, she went into the kitchen at nearly noon, cooking pancakes, and sloping all of the things she thought she'd like on the pancake. Brendon was disgusted in the combination and since loved to point it out that she is strange.

Brendon laughed, "I see that you've got your strange mix of food." He pointed his knife from afar at the plate. Ryan rolled his eyes, taking a drink of his coffee that held three sugars and milk. He watched in amusement as the two went on. Brooke stuck her tongue at her father, taking a large bite of her meal.

"I see that you've got your normal mix of food." She repeated the motion that Brendon did before, pointing her knife back at him. Both laughed, a comfortable slience falling over them. Only scrapping of knifes and forks on the plates sounded the room. Moments went on without words.

"We should start getting dressed soon - we have to leave at noon. . . for the courthouse." Brendon cut into the slience. Brooke and Ryan nodded slightly. Brooke wasn't sure how ready she was to face the woman once again, mentally and physically.