Chapter Seven

Sinziee boom.

Enjoy.

"Hi..." Squeaked a little girl. The lady, which Brendon now knows as Mrs. Rossa, held the girl by her small arm. Mrs. Rossa smiled falsely while sending glares in the corner of her eyes at the girl. "I'm Brooke." Brooke said slowly, as if trying to remember something. "And I'm four!" She said excitingly, while lifting four small fingers. Brendon gave a soft smile, all his anger being gone at the sight of her, he kneeled down in front of the girl. The girl smiled back at him and stuck her hand out.

"I- I'm Brendon." Brendon said. As his lips were smiling, he was jumping up and down inside. It was a pretty odd feeling for him. Hell, he'd only been hold he has a daughter yesterday.

Brendon, being only 5'9, still was taller than the girl, even after kneeling down. The girl was tiny compared to him. Brooke looked so much like Brendon.

She was tan while her hair was the color of bark on a tree, dark brown. Her eyes were like a mirror of Brendon's. Brown, with a hint of grey. Her thick rimmed glasses lay on her face. She was like a smaller, girl version of Brendon.

"Sorry to interfere with your little moment. But you are serious about adopting Brooke," She spit out Brooke's name is disgust before continuing. "You need to feel out paper work for that thing." Brendon clinched his fist and bit down on his lip, to stop himself from cussing at Mrs. Rossa.

"Fine." Brendon said bitterly. He stood while Brooke was standing next to him, she reached up and grabbed his hand. He tensed with shock, but then smiled down at the girl and tighten his grip on her hand. Her small hand was barely the size of his finger, but he held on to her tiny fingers. He aww'ed quietly and his smile grew.

Mrs. Rossa sat down at her desk and pulled a piece of paper. Brooke only stopped at the door and didn't walk any father. Brendon stopped walking when she did. He pulled her gently, and slowly, she walked in with him.

Mrs. Rossa, again, glared at her. The room was small with only two chairs make of cheap fabric. Brendon sat down, pulling Brooke into his lap. She seemed hesitant and shy. Then, she rested her head on Brendon shoulder and her arms were around his neck.

***

"What's this?!" Boyd, Brendon's father spat, shoving the news paper at him. It was about Brendon and Brooke. That caused Brendon to narrow his eyes at his father.

His mother, Grace, stood there and didn't do anything. She just looked past Brendon and at Brooke. Brooke stood looking at the two parents at the door with confusion.

"What are you going to do with this useless kid?! You already failed in life because you didn't go to college and you became an atheist. What makes you think that you can properly raise a kid?" Boyd yelled at his son. Brendon got angered by what he was saying. He glanced over to Brooke and saw that she had tears in her eyes. "The best thing you can do right now is give her up." Boyd said in a low tone.

Brendon glared at his father. He sighed and turned around, ignoring his parents for a second, a kneeled down to Brooke's height. She looked at her father sadly. Brendon mirrored the frown on her face as he gently patted her on the shoulder. "Go up stairs to your room, princess. I'll be up later."