Chapter Twenty Three

"Look," Brooke said gently, snapping out of her day dream. She wiped her sleeves over her eyes, sighing sadly, before continuing.  "I understand what you are going to talk about. I knew this would happen. I- I'm really sorry about this. I'll start packing." Brooke finished sadly. She begin to move, her feet reaching the ground. Ryan stopped her by putting a hand out. He tugged her back into her original place, and arm slinging out and wrapping around her shoulders. Ryan didn't understand the choice of words that Brooke was saying, it he was trying to put two and two together. Her expression showed signs of sadness and resentfulness, she wanted to cry, but she knew that cry wouldn't help anything. Ryan pulled her closer to his chest, his arm still around her. He linked his finger under her chin and made her look at him. Her sad brown locked with the concerned brown eyes of Ryan. Her eyes were watery and he tried to look anywhere else but Ryan. Her heart was racing, causing her to blink faster, trying to blink away tears away. Ryan reached up, brushing his thumb pad against her eyes. Why is he making this hard? Brooke thought.  Why is he pretending to love me when he doesn't? He doesn't love me, he's just acting. So is Brendon.

"Packing? Packing for what?" Ryan questioned, confusingly. Brooke shook her head, still not meeting his eyes. "Do- do you really think we we're going to give you back?" Ryan asked. Ryan's eyes widened, his breath got caught in his throat. He finally got what she meant by packing. They would never think of sending her back there. 

"I- I just thought you would. I'm just causing problems with you and B-Brendon." Brooke stuttered.

"What, no! Of course you're not Brooke. Brendon and I sometimes have problems but that doesn't mean anything. You aren't causing problems at all; in fact you are helping; you are helping me and Brendon. Without you, I can't even imagine where we'd be right now. We were depressed, you are everything to us, don't think you aren't. I barely knew you, when you were little, but I considered you my daughter. You were a sweet girl, you are loved by everyone. We wouldn't ever, ever, send you back there. That place was a living hell for you, and we would never. Not to mention, that place was shut down a while ago. You are everything to us. You are holding the world for us." Ryan whispered. 

It was like, she held the world. 

But for them; she is. Brooke doubled over into Ryan's chest. She burried her face into him, tears soaking his shirt. He willingly accepted her hug, wrapping his arms around her shoulders, bringing her closer to him. She felt warmth in her heart; it felt weird, but for some reason, it felt good for her. It was the nicest thing that she's heard from someone about her in a while. Her arms where on her chest, one hand covering her face as she sobbed. He hummed in her ear, rocking her gently back and forth.

"Why does Brendon hate me?" Brooke asked though her sobs, her face still in Ryan's chest. Ryan sighed slightly, kissing her forehead.

"He doesn't hate you Brooke. He's just stressed out right now. Brendon has been waiting for you to come back for a while and now that you are back, he doesn't know how to act around you." Ryan replied softly.

"I'm so sorry." Brooke muttered against his chest.

"Its not your fault kitten, not at all. We'll have a finally talk when he gets back." He smiled, pulling away. Brooke starred at him confusingly.

"Back?" She questioned.

"He went to his parents to calm down. He'll be back before dinner." Ryan smiled. "But for now, we are going to watch some tv. Sound okay to you?"

"I would love that." Brooke smiled.

***

I don't like this chapter lmao. It's short and lazy. I'll try to update tonight since I'm out on break.

Also, did anyone catch the title in the chapter? You get a cookie if you did.

Question of the Day:

Is Ryan replacing Brendon as the role of Brooke's father?
Will Ryan leave Brendon for good?
Can Brendon fix his mistake?

Remember kids; eat your milk and drink strong to become vegetables.