Chapter Thirty-five

Recoiling back from spending anymore movies that Ryan thought would be 'a good idea', Brooke walked up to her room, her phone tightly in her hands. Her feet sliding on the carpet as she walked up the seemingly endless stairs, she enter the password, opening the phone. Brooke's lock screen was a photo her dad's, Brendon and Ryan, and her wallpaper for her home screen was Bandit with an aesthetic filter placed over it. Brooke chuckled as she walked into the dark obis of her bedroom, closing the door behind her. Flopping down with great force, the bed noticeable moving from the sudden weight.

Starting to ring Bandit on Skype, she propped the phone on a pile of pillows and blankets from her bed. Finding that the phone would not stay on the mount, she let out an angry cuss, "Fucking piece of shit." She whispered not so quietly, watching as the phone fell behind the bed, between the wall and the bed frame. "Well fuck you too." Her arm slid between the edge of the bed frame and the wall, Brooke discovered that her hand wasn't able to hold onto the object, only her fingers grazing it slightly. Moving her arm as far as she could, her arm began to hurt. She swore one more time, removing her arms from the wall. Rubbing her forearm where the wood rubbed against it, Brooke started weighing her options.

The bed was quite heavy, so Brooke knew that she couldn't move it, and she knew that she was too big to squeeze under the bed. Dropping the ground on her knees, she looked under the bed. The bed frame ended an inch from the bottom, but it was pulled away from the wall, leaving a crevice. Ironically, where her phone had landed. She searched the area around her, only realizing that there was a hanger on the ground. Brooke grabbed the black hanger, smiling slightly. Laying on her stomach she reached under the bed with the hanger in her hand, swinging the hanger under the crack.

Hitting the phone with the hanger after a while, Brooke positioned it so the phone was in the middle between the top of the hanger and the flat line at bottom, she slowly moved the hanger back to her, finally moving the phone towards her. Grabbing the phone with happiness on her face. She glared at the bed. "Ah, I out smarted you again. . ." She paused, her mouth opened. "And I'm talking to a bed." Brooke shook her hand, throwing her phone on the bed. Instead of messing with the phone one more time, she turned towards the desk, but not before lifting her middle finger towards the bed. 

Sitting down on the bed, she sat cross legged on the spiny chair, logging into her computer. Ringing Bandit, she waited for her to answer. Soon she did, after about seven rings. Brooke smiled in a goofy like manner, staring at the girl on the screen. Brooke was welcomed with a chuckle and a welcome, "Hey, babe." Brooke chucked at the nickname before saying something back to the girl. 

"Hiya, B." Brooke replied, leaning back in the roll chair, with a smile still on her face. They talked about nothingness for a while before Brooke brought up what happened with Brent in the coffee shop not even a couple hours ago. She explained that she didn't know who this man was, and questioned whether or not Bandit knew this person. Bandit thought about it for a moment, her lips between her teeth. 

"I think my dad has talked about it before. . . I'm not sure. I remember that Brent used to play for Panic! until he was just cut because he wasn't doing his part. I guess he's just really bitter since then." Bandit answered, with a confused look on her face. Her face turned sour, "And if he messes with you again, I'll rip his balls in half." causing Brooke to laugh at the threat that Bandit posed. After a moment, Brooke thought of school. 

"So school is coming up. Are you excited?" Brooke asked. Bandit and Brooke found out that they were going to the same school this year. She hoped that her new school wasn't like the one before, but she knew that if Bandit was by her side, maybe she wasn't so alone. 

"No fucking way, school is shitty." Bandit answered, rolling her eyes with a smile. Brooke chuckled as a reply. "School is starting in a month or so, I'm so not ready." 

"Me neither. I hope it's better than my old school. Maybe I'd even find a cute boy to date." Brooke replied sarcastically. 

"You're too gay for that." Came Bandit's remark. 

"You're not wrong." Laughed Brooke.