Mr Caring

"Mmmmhhhhhh......I feel sooo hot. Mommmm!!!! Please....I feel so hot and painful..."

"I want...--cough--cough--cough--....a hot potato -cough-cough- soupp...and -cough-cough-chicken soup too..."

As I started hearing loud murmuring from beside me disturbing me from my sleep.

It sounded like potato and chicken and something soup....??

As I forced my eyes to open despite the drowsy sleepiness is trying to keep my eyes shut...

I heard it yet again.

"Dad....MOmm...--cough--cough-- no hospital...--cough--cough-- they are scary --cough--cough-- and many people-cough-cough- die there...I don't wanna --cough--cough-- diee...--cough--cough--cough--....just give me --cough--cough-- hot soup....with...potatoes...--cough--cough-- ...mushrooms...and --cough--cough-- chicken...but not carrots --cough--cough--cough--..." she murmured again as she turned around towards me....or to my direction.

Despite the darkness in the room...I could see her pained reaction...

She looks like she was in a lot of pain.

 I immediately got up and scooted next to her...As I touched her forehead, I could feel immense heat radiating through her skin.

She has a very high fever that's for sure...

I switched on the lights and took a closer look at her.

She looked pale and I could see the heavy beads of  sweat trickling down her forehead to her cheeks..

I wiped the sweats off her cheeks and forehead.

I slowly got out of the bed and went downstairs being careful as to not wake anyone up..I went into the kitchen and took a big bowl and filled it up with ice and water and took a clean towel and went straight to the room.

As I stepped into the room, slowly closing the door so I don't wake her up...Taking all the things I went straight to her...sitting next to her I dipped the towel in the cool water and slowly patted it against her forehead..

"Mhhhmmmhhhh....--cough--cough-- That feels nice mom." she said as she turned around towards me.

"Don't turn around Evangeline...you will shift the towel." I whispered slowly..

Hearing my voice, she slowly opened her eyes....

As she opened her eyes, her already huge eyes got hugger as she touched my hands that was on her forehead.

She immediately tried to get up and obviously she was having difficulties in it so I helped her up.

"Ummhh...you don't --cough--cough-- have to do that...--cough--cough-- It will be okay by tomorrow.." she said weakly.

She seemed to have drained all her energy in getting up that she doesn't even have the energy to speak up.

Looking at her like this....kinda makes me feel...guilty for the way that I've treated her.

"You don't even have the energy to talk...just lay down and relax...You don't wanna strain yourself too much." I said as I leaned towards her to adjust the pillow her.

THat action seemed to have caught her off guard as she jerked backwards banging her head against the bed. 

"Ouchh!!!"

"I told you to be careful didn't I....Why are you soo clumsy Evangeline...??" I said as I rubbed the part where she got herself hit.

 I could feel the heat increasing on her and as I looked at her, I could see that her face had totally gone red...