Chapter 6- Misunderstandings Gone Wrong

(Rikki's POV)

What do I do? What do I even say? Should I walk away or stay? Questioned ran though my head as they stared me down waiting for an answer. I knew one thing I had to do. Lie. It wasn't a good thing, but it's for keeping me safe. They could be secret scientist that want to experiment on me. That's not happening.

"Uh.. N-No. Of course not." I lied. "See Harry? She's not. Stop making up things. Admit that you do want her for yourself." Niall said. Harry wanted me as a girlfriend? I could understand if he liked me, but really? Maybe I could give him a chance. Should I?A tear popped up at the bottom line of my eye. Why? Why, would he tell? I trusted him. Didn't he promise? He even kissed my hand that it was a promise. And to think things were getting better.

I backed up slowly turning around to open the door as they continued jumping in the pool, splashing around, repeatedly.

I ran upstairs and slammed my room door shut. Walking into the bathroom, I closed it behind me and sat in a corner crying to myself. Now I know what your thinking, it's a silly thing to cry about but honestly, it's not. This has been with me for a long time. Swimming in the ocean is like my home to me. Playing with my dolphins and whale friends is so fun. And it gets me soothed and relaxed. I miss them a lot. I've managed to keep this a secret and not go to any pool party I was invited to. Yeah, it makes me mad. Tears ran down my cheeks touching the floor making a tiny puddle.

"Where'd you think she went?" I heard someone say. I couldn't quite make it out who it was. Someone tried to open the door because I saw the knob move up and down continuously. "Rikki? Are you okay?" someone said.

I stood up and look in the mirror and saw how bad I looked. Wiping my tears from my eye, I tried to sound as normal as possible.

"Um, yeah. Never been better. Just using the bathroom." I lied. "Are you sure?" a Irish accent said.

"Definitely. I'm perfectly fine. Nothing's wrong." I said unconvincingly. I knew they wouldn't believe me. But, surprisingly, they did.

"Well, Okay. Call us if you need us." someone replied.

I heard footsteps leaving and closing the door behind them.

Coast is clear.

I opened the door and walked out. I then just decided to call my mother. Dialing the number, I heard movement. Turning around, I saw Harry standing there. "What and most certainly why are you here?" I asked putting down my phone. "I'm sorry Rikki. I really am. Forgive me?" he asked. "Harry, it's over now. At least they don't have any ideas. They don't believe you. Just get out and leave me alone."

I grabbed my phone, and walked over to the door to which Harry was blocking my way. "Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm hungry. I'm going downstairs." I answered moving over to open the door. He slid over not letting me pass. "Harry, really? Let me go downstairs." I asked. "Not until you forgive me. I'm sorry. I truly am." he pleaded.

"Sorry doesn't help." I snapped.

"Why can't you forgive me? Is it really that bad?"

"It's really bad. You don't tell secrets that someone told you. Especially when you promised. This is- ugh, I just can't believe you would do such a thing. Just leave. Me. Alone." I stated. I walked past him and walked downstairs.

I wonder if they have Nutella. Opening the pantry door, there stood a cabinet full of Nutella.

I grabbed a bottle and a spoon then continued my walk to the living room. I turned on the TV and started watching The Power Rangers. I know, it's boyish, but I enjoy watching this. It gets my mind off of stuff. The theme song came on and I started humming the words. The show soon came on and I opened my bottle and started to enjoy the chocolate goodness.