Chapter 7- The Interview

(Rikki's POV)

I finally made it home. Before I rang the doorbell, I checked myself. I fixed my hair, brushed the dust off my clothes and pushed my hair back by sliding my hand across the top of my head back lifting my hair back.

Before I could ring the doorbell, the door swung open and I was greeted by my loving mother. A smile formed on her face when she saw me. "Oh my goodness, Rikki, you're back!" She said very excitedly pulling me into a hug. "how? I thought you had 3 months. why? I'm just happy your here. What I would do without you."

Those words.

What would I do without you.

Niall said that. I miss him so much. Even though I saw him like 10 minutes ago, he means so much to me. And when we weren't dating, I could tell he was the one. I lost my smile just thinking about him.

"What's wrong sweetie?" mom asked sitting me down on our white couch.

"Nothing, mom. Um, where's Adrianna?" I asked her holding in my tears.

"I'm right here." I heard a voice behind me answering my question. I turned around and ran to her. "You don't know what I've been through. I'm so glad I get to see you and hold you." I said.

Adrianna and I aren't the type of sisters who argue over things. We actually get along quite well. Sometimes we have our ups and downs but I love her no matter what. "Yeah same here. Too bad dad isn't here to see you." she said.

(Mother's POV)

"Yeah, same here. Too bad dad isn't here to see you." Adrianna said holding her tightly. Aww crap!! I knew she was going to say something like that. Yes, I lied to Rikki- my own daughter. I only did it so she can come home. I missed her so much, I couldn't function right. I feel horrible.

"What? Dad is home. Mom even said so. She said that I would be very happy so see him. Mom isn't the lying type. Oh wait- is this a surprise?" Rikki said. "Okay, you can come out now dad. I figured it out already."

Nothing happened. "Mom where is he?"

"I told you. He's not here. Mom was just playing around. He's still in the military." Adrianna told me again.

(Rikki's POV)

So, she lied? Why would she- how could she- and when was she going to tell me? "Mom? Is this true?" I asked her. "I didn't lie about the military part." she said.

"Why mom? You know how much dad means to me. How dare you do such a thing." I wanted to yell at her but I've yelled to much today. I felt like I was losing my voice. My throat was sore every time I talked.

I walked upstairs to my room and closed the door and locked it. I missed this place. The purple walls with a white ceiling and floor, my queen sized bed- pillows lined up neatly in size order, my piano and guitar next to each other waiting to be played sometime, my square windows that we're cracked letting the cool breeze of wind slide inside. Everything. Why not watch a little TV? Maybe Ellen is on.

I clicked the power button and the show started. Just in time. "Hello! Welcome! Thank you! Alright. We have a special performance today by the one and only One Direction to start the show with." Ellen said as the crowd cheered on. Five teenagers walked out on stage looking exactly like the ones I babysat. Then I saw Niall. What's he doing on sta- wait. That's Harry! And Liam! Zayn! And Louis!

So they are One Direction.

I wonder why they didn't tell me. They started singing a song called 'Little Things'. In the middle of the song, when it was Niall's solo, he started to get emotional. Was it from me? All I want to do is hold him and kiss him feeling his warm, soft pink lips on mine.