Chapter 9- Safe or Exposed

(Rikki's POV)

There's no way that I'm just going to stand here. I have to make a run for it. I looked all over the house and my eyes caught the back door leading to the pool. It's the only way. I dropped my bag and ran towards the back door. The door wouldn't unlock. Now, I could start to feel my legs tingling. And minute now and I should transform.

No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't budge open. My legs continued to feel weaker and weaker. I twisted the knob once more and it slid open. I took one large jump into the pool and swam to the bottom in a corner where I hope they wouldn't find me.

"I told you that was a bad idea," I heard someone say. "Okay, okay I get it. Where is she?" I heard Louis said. By now, I memorized his voice. "Well, if she ran back here, and there's nothing else but a pool, some tables, and beach chairs, where else do you think she'd be?" another voice came.

"Shut up." Louis said. I could hear the aggravation in his voice.

(Harry's POV)

Why do I have to be the stupid one and let them hit her with water? I should've stopped them- oh wait, I can't- because they'll be mad at me again and Niall is dating her and he'll think that I want her for myself.

"I told you that was a bad idea," Liam said. "Okay, okay I get it. Where is she?" Louis asked looking around. "Well, if she ran back here, and there's nothing else but a pool, some tables, and beach chairs, where else do you think she'd be?" Zayn cut in.

"Shut up." Louis said with aggravation.

Wait, the pool!

I walked up to the pool and sat on the edge and put my feet in staring into the water. "What's wrong mate?" Liam asked. "Nothing. I'm fine." I lied. He shrugged and started calling out Rikki's name. As I continued on the pool, something shined and moved.

Could that be her? I mentally slapped myself.
Yes, stupid it's her!

I answered my own question. Before I jumped inside, I turned around to make sure none of the boys were looking. At the right moment, I slid into the cold water taking a deep breath.

(Rikki's POV)

A pair of feet came slamming inside the water moving in circular motions. They came deeper inside the water now showing their torso. I'm so scared. I felt so relieved when I saw a mop full of curls. Thank goodness it's him.

I'm still very upset with him though.

I buried myself deeper into the corner trying not to be seen. The sun shined and touched where I was laying down. Just my luck. Note the sarcasm.

He spotted me and swam quietly over to me. He held his hand out for me to grab. One half of my body was telling me to grab it, maybe he's going to help. But another half was telling me to don't take it. Harry held in hand out closer to my hand and grabbed it. Now, I had no choice but to take it.

He brung me to the center of the pool and told me to wait with his facial expression. I nodded slowly and watched him go up to the surface.

"Any luck Haz?" Niall asked. "She's not in there. I looked everywhere." he lied.

Oh, so now he wants to cover up for me?

(Niall's POV)

Should I feel bad? I have no clue what was going on, but I found myself looking for her. How do you lose a girlfriend in your backyard?

Harry came out the pool soaking wet having the water drip onto the hot floor.

"Any luck Haz?" I asked. "She's not in there. I looked everywhere." he said.