Chapter 23- Enemies At First Sight

(Rikki's POV)

"Why do you keep running away from water?" Liam asked.

"What are you talking about? I have never ran away from water." I lied.

"Oohh yes you have." Liam, Zayn, and Louis said at the same time.

"Okay fine. I have. And my answer to that question...that you just asked me...," I said trying to make the answer as long as I could to think about a good reason, "would have to be.."

"Oh just answer the question already." Liam said interrupting me.

"As I was saying, I run away from water because I have made a bet with Rowenelle." I lied again.

"I have?" Rowenelle asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. You have."

"What was the bet?" He asked again. All these questions that Liam was asking, made my palms a bit sweaty.

"That I couldn't touch water."

"Well, that doesn't really make any sense. You just met Rowenelle a couple of days ago. But before you quit babysitting, you have still been running away from water." Liam said making a point.

"Well, why don't we move on from this question shall we?" Niall asked.

"Harry you go." Louis said slapping his hand on Harry's arm.

"Ouch Lou. That really hurt." Harry whined.

"Sorry. Ask somebody." Louis replied.

"Uhhmm...Niall."

"Erm..Truth." Niall answered.

"Is it true that you..." Harry said.

I couldn't hear the rest of the sentence. Something was staring at me. And I felt very uncomfortable. I turned my head to see Liam staring at me with his eyes squinted a bit. I could tell he was very suspicious.

(Liam's POV)

Okay. Now I must know.

Niall, Harry, and Rowenelle know. I know I can get an answer out of one of them.

Then I had a plan. When Rikki and Rowenelle are sleeping, I'll put a small amount of water on their legs and see what happens. This has caught my attention big time, and I seriously want to know.

I couldn't help but stare at Rikki as she continued playing the game with the boys and Rowenelle.

I'm starting my plan tonight.

(Louis' POV)

"You know what would be more fun?" I asked in the middle of the game.

"What?" Rikki asked putting her hair into a high ponytail.

"We should invite the girls over."

"Oh yeah! I'll call Perrie." Zayn said leaning onto Louis to get his phone out of his back pocket.

And with that, he dialed Perrie's number and walked away.

"I asked Dani to come over before, and she said that she's busy with her mum." Liam said staring at Rikki.

"Aww. I wanted to see Danielle." Rikki said stretching her arms high in the air and then rotating them completely backwards and then to her front.

"Ew! Don't do that with your arms! It looks like it hurts." I said holding my shoulder. "Anyways, I have to call Eleanor."

"Have fun." Harry said.

(Rikki's POV)

I knew Liam was onto me. Something told me he was. He way he constantly looks over to me, the way he squints he eyes at me, every thing that he does at me just gives me more ideas that he's onto me. But not only to me. Rowenelle as well.