Chapter 33- It's Called Trust

(Rikki's POV)

Ever since Niall had broke up with me, I felt different. And not good different, bad different. I feel like some demon has just entered me, because now I'm a total wreck.

So far, the Aquarium has been getting in good shape. All the dust particles were gone and all the old and empty tanks were now shiny and new-looking. The floor was swept and mopped. All that was left to put in, was the fishes and other sea animals.

Jacob and his dad had already left to pick up some little fish to put in the small tank. Leaving Jake and I alone in this big used to be abandoned place. Finally, I had put Jake down and I watched him catch his breath. My eyebrows were still furrowed close together and of course, I was still upset. Not even upset, more like I was filled with fury. You know what, not even fury; I'm just so angry, I can't even find the right word.

When Jacob started breathing regularly, he stood up and just stared at me.

"Now...let me get out of here." I demanded.

"No way!" Jake yelled.

"I'm not gonna tell you again." I said crossing my arms.

"I'm not gonna do what you tell me."

I raised an eyebrow and lifted my arm. Before I could go any farther, Jake spoke up,"Okay! Fine! Put your arm down."

(Niall's POV)

Was it something I did? I gave Rikki everything and this is how she repays me? And to think I was gonna ask her to marry me. I know that we're both young, but I thought that it would be true love and that I-and Rikki- would have a happy ending. I guess I thought wrong. When Rikki got out of the Aquarium and everything just settled down, I was gonna ask her. But now I'm second guessing everything.

I dug in my pockets and I felt something rectangle-like. I quickly pulled it out and I realized that I still had Rikki's phone. I stared it down and visualized all the good moments we had.

*_FLASHBACK_*

"I love you princess." I said holding Rikki by her waist.

"I love you Ni." She said before crashing her perfectly shaped pink lips onto mine.

--

I wiped the tear off of her face feeling her soft cheeks as she smiled now showing her dimples. She's so beautiful. I faked yawned and stretched my arm over her. She leaned in leaning her head on my shoulder. Sooner or later, we both fell asleep.

--

I touched her chin and brought her face closer to mine so that we're touching foreheads. "Ni, I would stay but-" I cut her off by smashing my lips onto her perfect ones. It was like magic. I felt fireworks shoot through my body as we kissed. All I can say was that this defiantly was the best kiss ever.

*_END OF FLASHBACK_*

I smiled slightly as I placed the sparkly phone on the nightstand. My smile vanished when I remembered what Rikki did to me. How could she? After everything we went through...kisses, hugs, laughes...and this is what I get.

(Rikki's POV)

I stood up once my tail dropped out of sight.

"Thanks," I said to Jake who was still terrified of me,"can you give me a ride back to the alley? I know my way back from there."

"Y-yeah, sure. Come on." Jake replied holding the door out for me.

~~

I slid out the car seat and shut the door, almost slamming it. I didn't even bother to say thanks to Jake. On my way home, I built up the courage to talk to Niall. Or at least try to.