5 Years (Cashton)

It's 2014 and I feel like writing a sad one shot.

Warning: SAD CHAPTER! Go grab a tissue if you feel like you need it!

----------------------------------------------
Ashton POV

I remember the first time I met Calum. It was 5 years ago at 5SOS band practice. I remember how stunned I am when my eyes met his.

He was beautiful.

His dark hair sat perfectly on top of his hair. His slim figure makes you want to wrap your arms around him. His beautiful brown eyes that lit up whenever he smiles. And his soft pink lips that makes you want to kiss him.

I found all that breathtakingly beautiful.

It wasn't long for us to bond. Calum is an amazing person, and I already smitten. So that worked perfectly for us. In short time, we're being the closest in the band.

***

It was a year later after the first meeting that I realize I fell hard for Calum.

It was hard, seeing Calum is the most beautiful person ever and I'm just Ashton Irwin. At that time, I knew that me and Calum would never be together. No matter how hard I tried.

That's when I start to cut.

It was accidental at the first time, but then I start to cut frequently. I would let out all the pain that I kept inside with every slash I did, and I loved it.

When there's rumors about Cake being real, I couldn't take it anymore. I cut myself too deep, and lost so much blood. I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, and that when Calum found me.

When I finally awake, I see Calum standing by my bed, his eyes filled with unshed tears. He slapped me before he pulled me in a bone crushing hug, releasing all the tears he has kept.

He asked my why I cut myself, so that's when I told him I fell in love with him. Not the most romantic way, I know, but I know it's for the bet that I tell him the truth.

Calum called me an idiot after I told him that, and before I even have time to feel crushed about his words, he kissed me. Hard. And for the first time in a year, I feel happy

***

After 5SOS 2nd birthday, we decided that we should start to record our first album. We worked so hard for it and once the album's out, we can't help but feel proud for ourselves.

Once we finished our first album, I took Calum to a proper date, since we never really had the time to go.

I reserved Calum's favorite restaurant just for the two of us. We laughed so much that night that we started to tear up.

After we finished our dinner, I sang a song for him. I remember it was All Of Me by John Mayer. By the time I finished, Calum ran to me and kissed me. Muttering a lot of "thank you"s to me.

***

After we released our Album, we decided that it's time for us to do our own worldwide tour.

Me and the boys are so pumped up to go around the world, meeting the fans that have supported us through everything in different countries.

At the final leg of our tour, things start to go bad.

It was our final show. We're back in our hometown in Sydney, and we're so pumped about it.

Calum said that he's not feeling too well that day, so we asked him to rest in the afternoon. He did slept through the day, and when we're nearing the show, I woke him up.

He still look very pale, but he insisted that he's feeling better. I look at him with concerned eyes but he just squeeze my hand and kiss me, trying to show me that he was okay.

It's halfway through the show. We've played 4 songs and we're having a blast. It's when we're going to sing the sixth song that Calum fainted on stage.

I quickly rushed to him, picking up his body and try to shake him awake. When he didn't open his eyes, I scream to Michael and Luke to call the ambulance.

I stand by his side the whole time, crying and asking him to open his eyes. I took his hand and kissed it multiple times, hoping that it would wake him up. But it didn't.

Once we've reached the E.R, the nurses had to bodily separated me from Calum. Luke and Michael are both standing beside me, hugging me and soothing me with their words, telling me that things are going to be alright, that Calum would be okay. But Calum wasn't okay.

One of the doctor told us to come with him, he said he had a news to tell us. At the time, I didn't know whether to feel scared or not, because I really don't know what happened.

My world was shattered once the doctor told us that Calum has Leukemia and the doctor predict that he wasn't going to last long. I remember crying and trashing around. I almost hit the doctor if Luke and Michael didn't stop me.

***

I spent everyday in Calum's hospital room, hoping and wishing that he would get better with every passing day. Calum said that he was glad to have me around, if not, he would be bored outta his mind.

I would sit by his bed, holding his hand and telling him stories about Luke and Michael who recently just got together. He would giggle and say that it's about time for them to be together.

Everyday, I would come and tell him different stories, and he would listen and occasionally giggle. He would say that he can't wait to get out from hospital and doing shows with us again, and I say that I can't wait for that to happen too.

***

One night, after me, Luke, and Michael went out to have dinner, we head back to Calum's hospital room. A week before, the doctor told us that Calum has gotten worse, and I feel like dying. We decided that we all should stay in Calum's room until he either get out or.. gone.

When we entered his room, Calum opened his eyes and smile at us. His hand waving at us, telling us to come closer. I quickly went to his side, holding his hand that hanging in the air.

He told us that he had a dream about us being on stage again, singing and goofing around. He said that he missed the cheer of our fans, because he hasn't heard it for quiet some times.

We all told him that we missed being on stage with him too, and we told him how the fans missed seeing him and hearing his voice. He smiled.

He then start to told us how much he love us, how happy he is to have us as his brothers, and he told me how proud he is to have me as his boyfriend. My heart start to quicken once I realize that his eyes start to flutter closed. I cry and beg for him to stay awake, to stay with me and not leaving me here. I squeeze his hand and pull him in a kiss. I remember feeling him smile as he kissed me back. Once we both pulled off, his monitor stop beeping, and the love of my life was gone.

***

5 years. 5 years was all god gave me to be with Calum. If I could, I would love to spend another 5 years with him. And another, and another. Until we both grow old and adopt our children.

But he's gone, and I don't get to spend another 5 years with him.

The love of my life is gone, and so does my will to live.

----------------------------------------------

Is it sad enough? I kinda cried while I read this..

If you like, please vote for this story. And if you want to send me prompt I would love to write it for you

Love,
Sasha x