You look so pretty but you gone so soon (Niam AU)

Fun fact: I was about to write this after New Year. Lol, now you know how lazy I actually am.

The idea is somehow of a modern day Cinderella. Idek, I just wanna write cool fluff.

Picture on the top/side is how they look on the party. Title is from Fall Out Boy's song Centuries (kinda).

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------
Niall POV

"C'mon NiNi, it'll be fun. I promise I will stick by your side the whole night." My best friend Ashton begged me again for probably the hundreth time this week.

"No Ashton. You only want to go to the party because Calum asked you to, and you're so smitten towards him that you will be by his side all night rather than keeping company and I will feel uncomfortable because I don't know anybody and party is just not my scene anyway." I roll my eyes at my best friend since he still trying to convince me that he wouldn't "leave me alone at all". We both know that that's bullshit.

"Look, it won't be that bad. And you know that crush of yours, Liam isn't it? Is the one that hosting the party. That's your chance to get close to him Ni." I roll my eyes and adjust the glasses that's adorning my face.

"Look, it's nice that you invite me and all, but Liam doesn't even know I exist in this school and I doubt that I would have a chance with him. And besides, my mum would kill me." I play with the sleeve of my sweater, something that's becoming a habit of mine as of lately.

"Oh live a little Horan. I'll talk to your mum about it. I'll drag you if that's necessary."

"Yah, good luck with that mate."

***
True to his words, Ashton actually talked my mum about letting me go to the party, promising that he would take a good care of me and not take a single gulp of alcohol at all. He even goes so much as to giving me a "make over" saying my usual outfit is not "party worthy". Whatever.

And so I left my house, after hearing several ground rules from my mum and made me promise her that I would be home by midnight. I agree to it nonetheless, not like I wanna stay too long at the party anyway.

It only took us 15 minutes worth or walk to get us to Liam's house, quite surprising if you ask me. Ashton lead me to the front door and soon we're being greeted by the sound of loud music and people dancing like they are mad or something. Ashton and I try to walk past the bodies grinding to one another and soon enough we find a boy with raven hair and chocolate eyes known as Calum, or maybe he found us. Not that I care anyway.

Of course Ashton being too caught up in Calum's presence after only spending the first to twenty five minutes with him and leave me to vent for myself. What a great lad he is.

Deciding to stop being a thirdwheel, I go out to find some clearing. Being quite sick of smelling alcohol and watching people have dry sex with each other.

I ended up in Liam's backyard, which surprisingly doesn't held that many people. He could see Zayn and his girlfriend and couple of Liam's friend chatting about something and that's pretty much it. I then realize that I haven't seen Liam at all.

"Hey, what is a pretty boy like you doing alone here? Not enjoying the party?" I feel my heartbeat quicken because I recognize that voice from everywhere, it's Liam's, and I couldn't believe I hear it from this close to me.

I look to my right and there he is, all good looking and stuff. He give me a sweet smile that I soon reply with one of my own.

"Not really of a partier I guess. My friend force me come only to ditch me with his crush. rude." Liam chuckle at that, making me blush.