The other side (Lashton/Malum AU)

Requested by @ashesandsnowflakes :-)

I'm so sorry if this isn't how you want it. I just been watching too many Ghost Whisperer and this just happen.

P.s: Thank you so much for the 12,7K reads. You guys are the best!

Enjoy :-)

---------------------------------------------

Calum knows he should be used to see the ghosts that sometimes just wandering around aimlessly but that still didn't stop him to jump out his bed one night when a rather good looking boy hovering over his and his boyfriend's bed.

"Whoa, whoa, sorry if I'm scaring you. I didn't mean to do that." The boy's voice is light, and airy, and slightly soothing for some weird reason. "You're Calum right? Calum Hood?"

"Yes, yes I am. Who are you? And how do you know me?" Calum asked once the initial shock has worn out. He knew that this attractive boy is a ghost, but he didn't know how the boy knows his name.

"Uhm, I'm Ashton Irwin. Just Call me Ashton, or Ash, or whatever. I'm friend with Michael, or maybe used to. He told me about you and I want you to help me to cross to the other side."

"So, you knew that you're not supposed to be here anymore?" Calum ask and Ashton nod his head.

"I know. But I just can't leave him, not when he blame himself for my death when I'm the only one to blame." Ashton says sadly.

"What do you mean Ashton? And who's him?" Ashton just shook his head, not answering Calum's question.

"Just find Luke Hemmings okay? Michael could help you."

"Who's Luke Hemmings?" Calum asks. Trying to get some information from Ashton.

"He's my everything." Ashton whispers and start to disappear into thin air, leaving Calum who gaped at him.

***

The next morning, Calum still thinking about the last night event. One of Michael's friend, who appeared to be dead, came to ask him for a help. He never had any ghosts to come and ask him for help, he usually offers them his help (and not all of them really keen on the idea), but this is different. Ashton came and ask him for his help, and to top it all, he was a friend of his boyfriend. And Calum doesn't know how to act on it.

"Babe, what happened? You look deep in thoughts." Michael's voice stratled Calum, making him slightly jump out from the kitchen counter he's sitting at. "Cal, you alright?" Michael asks concernedly at his boyfriend's weird behaviour.

"Uhh yes, I am. Uhm, Mikey, could you sit down with me? I.. have a few question for you." Michael nod his head and followed Calum to sit on their couch in the living room. He eyed Calum, waiting for his to ask him something.

'Mikey.. Do you, happen to know someone by the name Ashton Irwin?" Michael's eyed widened as he heard Ashton's name came out from Calum's mouth.

"Yeah, he's.. he was my friend. Why Cal?" Calum could see tears start to pool on Michael's eyes and he feels guilty for bringing this up, but if he want to help Ashton he need to know something about him and Ashton clearly didn't give him anything rather than the name Luke Hemmings, who he claimed to be his everything.

"Last night, he came to me. He said he want me to help him to cross, said that he knew he's not supposed to be here anymore, and he asked me to find Luke Hemmings and tell him not to blame himself for Ashton's death. Who's Luke Hemmings Mikey?"

Michael sigh and then start to asks Calum. "Do you remember that one time when I said I want to introduce you to my bestfriends babe?" Calum nods his head unsurely, not knowing where Michael's going with this. "Well that's them."