Chapter 50: Hikari

| Kami Island, Nine Years Prior |

"Hades!" Hikari yelled as he ran up the stairs with a cream colored letter in his hand.

"H-Hikari. What's wrong?" Hades asked with wide eyes, always shocked when anyone spoke to him.

"I have to show you something!" Hikari was excited, jumping and dancing around as he held up the cream letter.

"What's that?" Hades asked, pointing at the letter.

"So at the assassin university, we had some off time! Since I know its's your birthday today, I made a card for you! Happy Birthday!" Hikari handed him a card with the typical sloppy handwriting of a seven year old.

"H-Hikari you didn't have to." Hades was shocked, and touched at the same time. He had never gotten anything for his birthday, and as Hikari became slightly more independent, he was able to at least write him a card.

"Read it out-loud!" Hikari begged, jumping into his bed. Hades smiled and began to read.

"To Hades. I decided to write this for you because I don't feel like I tell you this as often as I'd like to. You're my favorite person in this world, and the best brother ever! I'm so lucky to have someone who is always there for me, and will be with me know matter what. When the whole world is against you; you don't let it get you angry, someday I want to be like you and learn to be a positive light in someone else's eyes. Love Hikari, your biggest fan." Hades read as tears streamed down his face.

"Did you like it?" Hikari asked with big hopeful eyes.

"Like it? It's the best thing I've ever gotten!" Hades hugged him, strong emotions reached the surface. Hades was thirteen, and he had gotten his first gift. "This is the best birthday ever." He whispered.

"I'm glad! Well enjoy your day!" Hikari ran off.

Hades looked at the letter and placed it in a "secret compartment". He walked over to window and touched the glass with his hands. "Hikari, you're the only one who keeps me going."

| Grand Summit, Reborn World |

Hikari panted from the intense battling, sweat and blood trickled down his skin. "Hades, it's not over!"

Hades was in bad condition, after being stabbed through the stomach by an ice shard. Blood poured out of him, he became dizzy and pale. "Hikari! I'll survive until moon rise and it will be all over for you!" He coughed up blood, his body was suffering from the godly energy it was absorbing. If his plan were to fail, his body would shut down leaving him to die.

"I-Ice Style, Snow Burial!" Hikari formed a large hand of snow, it grasped Hades tightly.

"Fire Style, Melting Pot!" The snow melted from intense heat, freeing him from is grasp. The two both had slowed attacks and reactions, the battle would not last long as the two came closer to there limit.

"If neither of us backs down, we both might loose." Hikari panted, his heavy breathing made it slightly hard to understand him.

"Then why don't you give up!" Hades growled. "Because I won't."

"That's my line!" Hikari responded with a brave look on his face. His blue eyes glowing during the sunset, his blonde hair looked golden.

"Celestial Style!" Hades panted, trying to use the attack, his orange eyes blended with the sunset sky in the background. "Majestic Star!" Shining blue stars shot it if his body, they moved with a sparkling azure streak behind them.