Chapter 43: The Underworld

| October 10th, Grand Summit |

Six ninja stood against Hades on the high, cold rocky plains. Hikari charged in to attack. "Light Style, Heaven's Sword!" He formed his luminescent katana.

"Light, huh? Two can play at that came! Light Style, Solar Blade!" Hades countered with a colossal sword of sunlight, it whacked him out of the way. Crushing him into the solid rock ground.

"Hikari!" Yosei called his name, she then created crystals and sent them at Hades.

"Celestial Style, Galaxy Vacuum!" Hades got rid of the gems by opening an azure wormhole.

"His power is too great." Yosei frowned, heading over to Hikari to help him up.

"It's going to take all of us to beat him." Hikari sat up, rubble bounced off his black and gold jacket. Yosei helped him off the ground. "Together." He smiled at her.

"Together!" Her warm smile reflected her warm heart.

Hades came closer to the six ninja that stood against him. "Welcome to the Underworld!" He smiled deviously.

Hikari's brace face showed, basking in what little light remains in the dark sky. "We're here to destroy it!" His comment traveled through in space, where his comrades seem to hear it.

"I highly doubt that, but why don't you give it try!" His fiery orange Nin began to form into a glyph of the zodiac Pisces. Two fish entered from the glyph and released a torrent of water.

Hikari analyzed the two fish. "Pisces, strong water users. Yosei, help me cancel out the attack. Sinha and Rozu get rid of the fish!" Hikari planned the attack quickly.

"Got it!" They all said in unison, becoming a formation to attack.

"Team Daybreak! Go!" Hikari shouted, activating his golden Nin. "Ice Style, Freeze Over!"

Yosei rushed into Pisces' attack. "Water Style, Aquamarine!" She summoned a aquatic crystal that released water to push back Pisces' water.

"Freeze!" Hikari turned the azure liquid into a solid state of cold lines dancing in the air. "Sinha, Rozu!"

The two black haired ninja jumped high and swung their weapons. Sinha's scythe released dark energy, and Rozu's sword sliced one of the fish with a scarlet glow. "Scarlet Incision!" Rozu yelled, cutting off its connection to Hades.

"Reaper Scythe!" Sinha punished the fish with nightmare-like power, leaving the fish unable to move. Pisces was left useless through the teamwork of Daybreak, Hades although was amused.

"Why how skillful. You four are strong, but just defeating one of twelve, won't do!" Hades smiled, while suddenly two figures appeared in the shadows behind him.

"Don't leave us out!" Sensei Hoshi yelled, along with Yona, another skilled Ninshi. They attacked with small daggers.

Hades failed to show any concern. "Zodiac Source: Aries! Devil Horn Dance!" He muttered these words, suddenly a crimson glyph summoned colossal thorns that jabbed through their bodies in just a nanosecond.

Sensei Hoshi coughed up blood, then shifted his gaze to Yona who gripped the thorn that stabbed into his stomach as if she could pull it out. "Y-Yona!"

"We were too careless." She muttered, the thorns disappeared automatically, however left the two in a critical state.

Hades looked over them as if he were a higher being, to which he aspired to be. "The weak in this world will fall, only the strong will rise. A sad, but true saying. Don't worry, my new world will harbor only love and trust."