Chapter Twenty-Eight

|Remy|

"Jamal please talk to me. I wasn't trynna get you three tickets. I didn't even realize that I was speeding," I semi yelled as I followed Jamal around the laundromat. I knew I was wrong to bring this petty bullshit to his place of business but I needed to talk to him. It had been two going on three weeks that he'd been giving me the silent treatment because of the tickets he received. His car was even repossessed while we were on our breakfast date, that's why he left.

Jamal was a good dude and he really cared about me. I cut all ties with Peanut and any other dude I was randomly hooking up with. I wanted Jamal and only Jamal. He'd been there for me time after time and I've grown to love him. I wanted him to talk to me, I needed to hear his voice. I followed him into his office that was located in the back, far from the washers and dryers. We bypassed the detergent powder and bottles and were finally at his office door. I stood behind him as he retrieved his key from his pocket and opened the door. He tried to close it behind him but I quickly slid in before he could. He took a seat in his office chair and went through some paperwork.

"Please stop treating me like dirt. I won't drive the car again if that's what you want. I miss you, I miss waking up to you cooking me breakfast and taking care of me. I visited Dr. P yesterday and she told me that I was to stressed. Baby I'm stressed because I missed you. I wanna come home, and when I do I won't leave the house. Jamal I just want you. You were the only one there when I lost my baby. Mónéy would want you to take care of me," I sated. He looked up from his paperwork. I knew Mónéy mentioning would hit his soft spot.

"Remy look I don't have time fa you and ya dumb ass bullshit. I got better shit do than to be sitting up hea' playing games wit' you," he stated before going back to the papers that were on his desk. I stood defeated in front of him, not knowing what to do next. I needed Jamal to stop being mad at me and I knew something that just might work.

"Ok you're right, I shouldn't have brought this to yo place of business but I really miss you." I walked closer to his desk and turned his chair around to me. He still didn't look up at me, instead he buried his face into his paperwork. I wanted so badly to snatch it out his but thought against it. I didn't want him to have another reason to be mad at me. Drooping to my knees I slid my hands up and down his thighs, that made him drop his paperwork onto the floor.

"Remy what you do-." Jamal started to say but I placed my index finger up to his lips, preventing him from speaking. He looked at me like I had lost my mind but I ignored him and proceeded with my plan.

"Jamal stop talking, I don't want to ruin this moment. I hate it that you ignore me and don't talk to me." I unbuttoned his Robin Jeans and tugged at them. I looked up at him, asking him for help with my eyes but he didn't budge instead he just grimaced at me. I gave up at that moment, if he wanted to act a plum fool then I wasn't about to waste my time with him and his shenanigans. I hopped up from the floor and started to leave out the door but Jamal grabbed ahold of my arm before I could get to it.

"Where you goin'," he asked. I took a deep breath and slowly turned around to face him. His Armani exchange cologne invaded the whole room. Jamal looked up at the ceiling before looking me in my eyes. "Iight I'm sorry. I guess I'm overreacting about them traffic tickets, but I wish you would've told me you ran three red lights. I had to hear from my neighbor that my shit was being repossessed while I'm out eating, that shit wasn't cool." He ran his hand over his face before pulling me into his embrace. I laid my head in his chest as I allowed his cologne to invade my nostrils.

"I'm sorry Jamal. I won't ever drive your car again, I just want us to be back on good terms. I hate not speaking to you. I'm sorry and.........and I love you." I heard Jamal's heart skip a beat when I said that. I slowly raised my head from his chest to see the look on his face. When I saw the way he was looking I wanted to smack myself for being so caught up in the moment. I quickly pulled out of his embrace and walked towards the door. I heard Jamal smack his lips but I continued to walk.