Chapter Seventy-Two

|Remy|

"I really don't feel like being bothered with all these people, especially not Icy," I mumbled as we pulled into the driveway of his home. Jamal ignored me as he parked the car. Mercedes sat in the back seat humming like she was some kind of angel. I don't know why Jamal thought I was such a good idea for her to come along. The bitch's presence pissed me off.

"I don't care what you feel like doing Remy, iight? Mónéy asked for a favor and that's what I'm giving her," he said. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Whatever," I mumbled as I got out the car. Being back at Icy's place gave me an eerie feeling. I ran my hand up and down my arm as the wind blew up against me. Jamal and Mercedes were already standing in front of the door when Mónéy answered it.

"You coming inside or not," he asked. I sighed deeply before walking towards them. He frowned at me and went into the house. Mónéy stood at the door frowning as I got closer or her. I seemed to be pissing everybody off and I couldn't help but think about the outcome of staying home.

"Thanks," I said as she closed the door. She looked me up and down before walking towards the den. Feeling like I wasn't welcomed here, I went in the opposite direction of her and walked down the foyer. I was lead into Icy's person man cave. I scoped out the room before plopping down on the couch and pulling my phone out.

I was in a house full of people and still felt like I was the only one in the room. When I got to feeling like that I would usually do some fucked up shit to someone. Dialing Dr. P's number, I leaned back on the couch and closed my eyes while the phone rang.

"Well what did I do to deserve this phone call," she asked. I could hear pots and pans in the background so I knew she was cooking. I wish I could go back to the time I was staying with her and Denise.

"I've been meaning to call you, there's just a lot going on right now," I admitted.

"Mh, so you call me when you need me huh," she asked offended.

"You know that isn't true, I've just been busy. A lot has been happening and I just need someone to talk to right now," I said lowly.

"Fine. What's the issue Remesha," she asked.

"I don't know, I just feel like that dude from get out. I feel like Jamal is the white lady with the tea cup who demands my ass to sink into the sofa. First he moves Mónéy in our house, knowing I hate her, then he went and got my sister pregnant and now he's trying to control everything I do. Pat I tried to change, I really did, I just........ I just don't know if I can live like this," I vented.

"If you can't live the way you are living, then why don't you change it," she asked before yelling at someone in the background.

"How am I supposed to change it when he has everything. I love the money he gives me, the house, the gifts, the nice cars, I don't wanna change that. I can't just up and leave him so my stupid ass sister can have all the money," I said.

"Who said anything about leaving? What I said was change the way you are living," Dr. P stated. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"And how am I supposed to do that? Move," I asked. She asked me to hold on for a minute.

"What's his is yours and what's your is his is yours, don't let him tell you different. You can take him for everything he has. He made the mistake of making you his wife Remy, remember that. Anyways, I'm a little busy right now with a special someone. Can I ask that you call me later," she questioned. I looked up at the ceiling and nodded.