Chapter Sixty-Nine

|Mónéy|

"Kyle for the last time, I haven't seen Viviana, I just landed in America and the last person I'm worried about is her," I snapped as I leaned up against the bathroom stall. We were now at the airport in Philadelphia, awaiting to board our flight back to New Orleans. On the way here, Kyle continuously texted and called my phone like he was dying or some shit.

"You don't have to be so damn hostile, Mónéy! Your sister is out there possibly dying and you're standing up there being selfish. I didn't raise you like this," he said.

"You didn't raise me at all Kyle. Look I gotta go, I'm very busy right now. If I see Viviana around, I'll be sure to have her call you," I said before ending the call.

"Hey, are you finished in there yet," a squeaky voice called out over the stall. I ran my hands through my hair and sighed.

"I'm almost done," I called out. I heard the lady smack her lips and curse me out under her breath before leaving. I leaned up against the stall and thought about all the people connected to Myles and Danaë. The first name that popped up in my head was Peanut. He was released from the hospital a while back and should be home. Maybe he knew where Myles was with Danaë. I went through my call log and found his number. It rung a few times before going straight to voicemail. I called five more times and got the same results. Calling one more time, I decided to leave a voicemail.

"Peanut please call me back when you get this message. Danaë is missing and Myles might have her. Listen he's been abusing her and who knows what he's doing to her now. As soon as you hear this, call me or Icy back please," I said desperately before hanging up.

I finally stepped out of the bathroom stall and looked in the mirror. The bags under my eyes were making me appear older than I actually was. I threw some water on my face to wake myself all the way up. It seemed like last night was a nightmare but I woke up and took the stupid thing again and got the same results. Blinking to keep the tears from falling, I grabbed a paper towel and blew my nose.

"Please let all this shit be one big nightmare," I said looking up at the ceiling.

"Sorry but it's reality," someone called from behind the bathroom stall. I stood up straight and stared at the stall, awaiting the person to reveal themselves. The stall flew open and a young girl walked out. She looked no older than fifteen which was hysterical to me because she was trynna give me a pre pep talk.

"You're like twelve, you haven't experience anything yet," I admitted as I turned my back on her and washed my hands.

"How do you know what I've been through. Your life is probably ten times better than mine," she said as she approached the vanity.

"Maybe but right now, I think my life is falling to shit. My whole family is dead except for my baby brother. Who is currently in a coma, awaiting for those bitch ass nurses to pull the plug next week. My half sister is a rebellious brat who wants to see me suffer more than she'd love to see me win. My father is an absent one who recently just popped back up into my life trynna reclaim his time. I'm dealing with my best friend who's a narcissistic piece of shit that likes to beat me up for fun. My other friends haven't even called me in weeks and I honestly feel like it's my fault. I'm not even in a relationship and I'm pregnant. I can't tell the dad because he already has kids and he's going through a lot right now," I cried. The girl looked at me weirdly before chuckling. I scoffed and folded my arms across my chest as her chuckling turned into hysterical laughing.

"Yea my life is just one big ass joke, huh," I said sarcastically. She waved her hands at me and tried to stop laughing.

"Wait, wait, wait! I'm sorry, lemme get myself together," she said more to herself than me. I leaned up against the vanity as I waited for her to shut the fuck up and say what she had to say.