Chapter Twenty-Nine

|Mónéy|

I sat in the break room nibbling on a tuna sandwich I had bought earlier. I had grew tired of sitting in the house all day with nothing to do, so I got a job at Chuck E. Cheese. Since the only position that was open was the walk around Chucky then that's what I took. I rather dress up and be Chucky, than to stay in the house all day doing nothing.

When I was awaken this morning by Asia informing me that Icy was back home I was super happy. I thought he could wash away my paranoia but I thought wrong. Whoever sent me that snake in a box scared the shit out of me. For the pass two weeks I've been locked up in my room with all the lights on while I sleep. The only time I left the house was to go to work. I applied for NOCC and I recently discovered that I was accepted. That made me so happy because I was really making something of myself. I knew my mom would be proud of me. I miss her so much, not a day goes by that I don't think about her, DJ, or CJ. I decided that I was going to go visit CJ today once my shift was up.

"Good morning Chucky," a voice called from behind me. I put the barely eaten sandwich down on the plate and turned to see who it was. A smile crept on my once I noticed it was Mona. She looked cute in her tan romper.

"Hey, what are you doin' back here. You trynna make me lose my job and I just got it," I stated. She walked over to me and took a seat in the chair next to me. Mona looked at my attire and snickered. I had to look at myself before bursting into laughter along with her. I had to admit I looked like a fool but it was apart of my job to dress up in this hot ass suit.

"Bitch you should be wanting to quit. Look how they got you back here. It's too damn early for this, come on let's go get something to eat or get our nails done. I don't know about you but I'm in need of a serious medi-pedi." I rolled my eyes at her before getting up to dispose the sandwich. It was easier for her to say that because her job was easy. All she had to do was stock clothes up in a department store.

"I can't I have to keep this job. Maybe I can raise enough money to buy a car so I can get away from all this craziness in New Orleans," I stated. Even though I was born in New Orleans, I don't plan on dying here. "Plus I want to get out of Icy's place before they run me crazy. The shit that happened this morning was too much. I just can't deal right now." Mona arched an eyebrow at me. I looked at her with a confused look on my face.

"Well what happened earlier?"

"Pshhh, too much to explain right now. How 'bout we meet up once my shift is over. I only got one more party to entertain, then after that I'm clocking out." I stood up from my seat and walked over the my personal locker. Since I was Chucky I got my own locker. It wasn't nothing big, but it was convenient for me.

"Yea well, you might not want to hang out with me later. Toni decided that she missed me and wanted to link up. I would tell her no, but I have to admit, I kinda have been ditching her to chill with you," Mona stated. I rolled my eyes at the mentioning of Toni's name. I hadn't seen her in almost a month and that was a good thing. Not that I didn't like the girl, but her ass was really rude to me. In some sort of way she reminded me of Asia. I laughed to myself at the events that happened earlier. I wasn't really paying attention but I did see Asia's face afterwards, her ass was tow up.

"Nahh it's cool. I understand, she is your sister."

"Step sister," Mona corrected. I shrugged my shoulders and continued getting ready. Mona's phone started ringing causing her to groan at her phone. I figured it was Toni calling her. I knew Toni got on Mona's nerves just as much as she did everyone's else.

"Mónéy I'll catch you later, the devil herself is calling and I don't want to keep her waiting." I nodded my head and walked back over to the table to give Mona a quick hug. I wouldn't say we were friends but I do consider her someone that I like to talk to. We had a lot in common, more than I'd like to admit. It was a bonus that she wasn't nothing like Toni.