Chapter Seventy-Five

2 weeks later.........

|Remy|

"Would you at least try to look happy," I said through clench teeth. Jamal mugged me before sitting up straight in the chair. Today was my three month check-up and I was anxious to hear about my baby's growth. I had to literally drag Jamal's overgrown ass to the appointment. It was very fucked up to me that he wasn't happy about my baby, but was willing to accept my sister's baby, that wasn't even his.

"Don't start," he mumbled as he picked up a baby magazine and looked through it. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Baxtor," the nurse called. I stood up and walked towards her. Jamal mumbled something under his breath before following behind me. We walked into the room and took a seat.

"I'll ask that you sit right here and the doctor will be right with you," the nurse said before leaving out the room. I sighed and rubbed my belly before glancing over at Jamal. He had his phone shoved into his face and at this point I was becoming annoyed with him.

"You know if this was all you were going to do, you could've just stayed home," I snapped.

"I wanted to but yo' ass insisted on me coming. Now I'm hea' and you still acting stupid," he clappedback. I rolled my eyes and waved him off.

"Whatever! All I know is that when the doctor gets in here, you better act like you have some sense," I said.

"Mhm," he mumbled as he continued to hold his phone up to his face. Just as I was about to open my mouth to say something, in walked my doctor.

"Mrs. Baxtor, nice to see you again, how have you been since the last visit," Dr. Porter asked. I smiled and nodded my head.

"I'm great, just having some minor heartburn," I explained.

"I'll write you a prescription for some Mylanta, that should do the trick. I see you're not alone today, who's this," she questioned as she looked over at Jamal who was frowned up at the both of us. I gave him a disapproving look by he blew me off. 

"That's the child's dad who's also my husband. He was working the last time I came here," I lied.

"Ok then, let's get this show on the road. Before we start the ultrasound, are there any questions either of you would like to know," Dr. Porter asked. I shook my head while Jamal waved her off.

"I don't think so," I said.

"Splendid, let me go grab a few things then we can start," she said before turning to leave out the room. As soon as the door closed, Jamal got back on his phone.

"Are you serious right now," I asked annoyed. He looked up at me annoyed before speaking.

"You never said I had to act right when she left. I'm hea', what more do you want from me," he growled. I rolled my eyes and gave him the hand. He was acting like a complete child and I was really regretting him coming with me.

"I'm back," Dr. Porter said, stepping into the room. I clasped my hands together in excitement.

"Yay," I cheered lowly. Jamal rolled his eyes as he sat up straight in the chair. He might not have been excited about this check up, but I was.

"Lay back for me and raise your shirt up," Dr. Porter ordered. I did as I was told and stared up at the ceiling. I clenched and unclenched my fist to keep my excitement under control.

"This may be a little cold when I apply it," she informed me. I nodded my head and held my breath as she poured the cold substance on my protruding belly. Jamal had put his phone away by now and was just staring at me annoyed.