Chapter Thirty-Seven

|Danaë|

"So where you like to go Nae," Myles asked me as we leaned up against Kree's car. I decided to separate myself from all that mess that was going on inside. Chanel had just announced that she might be pregnant and Peanut just showed his ass. I can't believe he exposed my hand like that. To top it all off he lied and said we fucked, what's wrong with his ass.

"Myles I'm not even feeling this date anymore. This whole night was a disaster, I thought seeing my parents was going to make me happy but it really didn't," I said. He nodded his head before looking up at the dark sky. Even though Peanut dissed me like that, I still want him, he still got me feeling like shit. Myles threw his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

"Don't let what happened tonight mess yo mood up. I been knowing you ever since you was running 'round in my backyard wit' my sister. I like you Nae, and I'm trynna see where your head at. Like how you feel about me," he said. I looked up at him and stared into his eyes. He leaned over and kissed me. I tried to pull away, but it was feeling so good. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his face closer to mine. The clearing of someone's throat made me pull back from him.

When we looked up and saw Peanut, my heart shot up to my throat. The look on his face read hurt, pain and heartbroken. I hopped off the car and walked towards him but he quickly walked off. I smacked my lips and walked back over to a confuse Myles.

"Damn what was that all about," he ask as he watched Peanut disappear into the house. I shook my head and stood in front of him.

"Nothing, look I'm getting a little sleepy so how about you just give me your number and I'll text you tomorrow or something about this date," I inquired. He pulled his phone out and handed it to me. I wrinkled my forehead up and took his phone. Why must boys be so complicated, I specifically asked him for his number. Afterwards we walked back inside and Myles asked Kree for a ride home.

"Aye c'mon Nut I'm 'bout to be out. We gotta drop Myles off first though," Kree said as he grabbed his keys off the table. Peanut smacked his lips and shook his head.

"Nahh imma catch a ride wit' Icy, you go ahead and drop that lame off," Peanut stated as he looked Myles up and down. I took a deep breath because I knew some shit was about to pop off. Yoshi and Tiana had left right after Chanel had made her big announcement, Mónéy and Icy had disappeared upstairs, and I didn't know where everybody else had gone.

"Damn 'Nut, where all this animosity coming from. Just the other day we were good, what's the beef now," Myles asked before throwing his arm around my shoulder. I closed my eyes tightly and folded my lips together. Kree stood in the middle of us confused. He must've noticed what Myles was doing to his brother, because he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into him. My eyes popped open and I looked at him like he was crazy when I felt his beefcake through his pants.

"Aye my bad Nae, my shit always on hard. But nigga what the fuck you doing touching all on Nae like that. She's off limits, you know that. As a matter of fact, go wait in the car 'fore yo ass be walking home," Kree demanded. Myles smacked his lips before winking at me and mugging Peanut. Kree waited until Myles was out the door before he let go of me. He shoved me on the sofa next to Peanut.

"Talk this shit out. Y'all not supposed to be 'round here fighting. Neither one of y'all better not move off this couch or imma tell Icy what y'all did. I'm giving y'all til tomorrow to have y'all shit together. Y'all too cute to break up," Kree stated with a smirk before leaving.

We both just sat in silence, looking around at everything but each other. The silence was so awkward and I had started to get uncomfortable with it. I looked over at Peanut who was tapping at his off phone screen. I smiled small and scooted a little closer to him. That made him look up from his phone and stare at me.