Chapter Seventy-Eight

|Icy|

I leaned back in the recliner as visions of Remy popped up in my head. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop thinking about how good she look. My mind was all over the place. One minute my mind was on Mónéy and how much I loved her, then I'd remembered that she went and got an abortion. That shit hit me hard because she made it seem like I wasn't good enough to impregnate her. I was in deep thought until my doorbell rung.

"Who the fuck is it," I yelled. When I didn't get an answer and my doorbell continued to ring, I decided to get up and stagger to the door. The day after me and Remy fucked, I made her go out and buy me a bunch of liquor. I've been downing that shit every since it been here. I didn't even bother to ask who was at the door, I just opened it and walked away from it.

"Damn nigga, you just gon' open the door and walk off like that," Tech asked as he kicked the door closed and locked it. I smacked my teeth and took a swig from my bottle.

"Nigga I got security footage, I seen you on the camera," I lied.

"You need to go easy on the drinking, bruh. The last thing I wanna see you do is self destruct," he explained. I grimaced at him before sipping from my bottle.

"What you came here for again," I asked.

"Look I ain't trynna sound out of line and shit, but you ain't in the right mind space to run shit. We got niggas shooting our corner boys down in broad daylight and ain't nobody saying shit. We losing workers, we ain't got no distributer, shit is just falling apart. No disrespect but I think you should step down," he said bluntly. I tilted my head from left to right before shaking my head.

"And if my ass step down, who gon' step up to the plate and take over? None of you niggas can do shit like I could," I snapped.

"Ice the shit is just temporary. Nobody ain't trynna take yo spot or take ova' yo' shit. Niggas out dea' still gotta feed they kids and pay bills, bruh," he explained.

"Nigga you still ain't answer my question, who gon' run shit while I'm out," I asked. He looked around the den before looking me straight in the eyes.

"Me," he said.

"You," I asked. 

"Yea, me. I know the ins and outs of this shit. I got new recruiters coming from New York inna few weeks and I got my uncle who runs the cartel in Jamaica waiting for me to break bread wit' him. Everybody knows this shit is temporary, just until you get yo' shit together," Tech stated. I sighed and thought about the idea of him running shit. It didn't sound so bad right about now, I had given up on a lot of shit. Being a drug lord was one of 'em.

"What the other niggas say about this," I asked.

"The remaining corner boys cool wit' it. Yoshi got a lil promotion so he ain't trippin'. 'Nut gon' set up shop in Miami for a while but he ain't gon' be in the game forever. Him and Danaë moving down there for college, and he wanna make sho' they got some'um to fall back on," he said catching me off guard.

"Moving? Damn wasn't nobody gon' let my ass know," I said, reaching for my cellphone but Tech grabbed it.

"Ice that ain't a good idea. They just wanna live life and get out the hood, let 'em," Tech said. I smacked my teeth and snatched my phone from his hands.

"Thanks for the mini speech Chief Keef, but ion need no lecture. This Jamaican cat let's talk about him. How well you know his ass," I pried.

"He's my uncle, he cool. He only wants twenty percent out the deal too. I got the shit under control," he assured me. I shook my head.