The Friends Find Out

Steph finished washing up and sighed. Her friends were coming over to hang out and she was going to drop the baby bomb on them. Steph didn't want to do it in public for fear they'd cause a scene. Truth be told, Steph was afraid. She had no idea how to raise a baby and she knew Mark would help her through it, but still. She knew he was just as nervous as she was, he was being way too careful around her. Which almost drove her insane. She knew she had probably eight more months of this, but she needed her husband to act normal around her.

The doorbell rang downstairs and Steph knew her time was up. She got up and did a once over, she heard the door open and Anna, Nicole, Ryan and Selena greet Mark.

"Steph! The girls are here!" Mark called up the stairs.

"Coming!"

She walked down the stairs and Anna hugged her as soon as she got off the staircase.

They walked into the living room and some chatter started.

"You know, Bradshaw and I were talking and we've been married for a while now, and we thought we might like kids." Anna said.

"Oh?" Steph asked, risking a rapid glance to Mark.

"Yeah, even though we might wait a year yet. To prepare. ....What's new with you two?" Anna asked.

"Not much, how have you all been?" Steph asked.

"You know how I've been." Selena said.

"The adult film industry has asked me to be in a lot of films, lately. Sadly I had to turn down the, heh, juicier roles." Ryan said.

Steph heard Mark make an "ugh" sound under his breath and she smiled.

"So what's been up with you two, lover birds?" Nicole asked.

"Well, business for one. The DX-Mahon storyline has been an interesting experience." Steph said.

"I watched that, the pregnancy angle was a nice touch." Ryan said, smiling.

"About that. It's not really much of an angle anymore." Steph said quickly.

A pause and Steph watched Selena's jaw drop. Then the others realized what she meant as well.
"No way! Are you serious?!" Anna asked.

"Five weeks along." Steph said.

Anna made a happy noise and she got up and hugged her friend.

"Congratulations, you guys!" Nicole said.

"Thank you." Steph said.

Anna had a smirk and then got chewed out by Steph for her mind being in the gutter.

"Hey! That's not where I'm going with this! I'm just wondering how ugly that baby is going to be!" Anna replied.

"Excuse me?" Mark asked, looking in Anna's direction.

Anna laughed and Steph couldn't help but to laugh too.

"You sounded so offended!" Steph laughed.
"I wasn't expecting that question." Mark replied, ending up smiling as well.

After a long chat about baby plans and work Anna remembered something.

"Oh! I have to get the thing!" She got up, grabbed her keys and left the house.

"What was that about?" Mark asked Nicole.

"We brought something to keep things interesting." Nicole replied.

Anna came back with a gaming set, it was a simple Nintendo and she also had a case with the words "Mario Party 3" on the front.

"We should just be able to plug this in, can we play?" Anna asked.

"Sure! It'll be fun!" Steph said.

Anna and Mark took to setting it up and Steph divided the controllers down between all of them.

"Who's Peach's partner?" Steph asked.

"Toad." Selena replied.

"What mode?" Anna asked.

"Mark, you wanna play as Peach?" Steph asked.

"Why would I play as a girl?" Mark asked.

"Party mode." Nicole told Anna.

"It'll be fun to watch!" Ryan commented.

"Fine." Mark said, caving.

"I'm going to play as Princess Daisy." Selena stated.

"I'ma going to be Mario." Steph said.

"Of course! Mario and Peach are an item!" Anna laughed.

"Can we get to the game?" Ryan asked.

"Let's do this!" Steph said.

A few hours (and a ten games and a pizza) later everyone decided it was time to go home. They'd split into teams and the team of Ryan, Anna and Nicole had won, they named their team "The Wedding Makers" and the other team just called themselves the "Ministry", (both names in remembrance of the power couples marriage) and Anna was surprised how competitive Mark was.

Anna and Steph hugged and Anna's comrades were already in the car.

"See you sometime soon, OK? Also, I'm happy my friend is becoming a mom." Anna said.

"This is the most nerve wrecked I've felt since the day of the wedding." Steph admitted.

"Just remember, us four goons will be there to help!" Anna smiled.

"Yeah, see you Anna, you're getting the bird from all of your party members!" Steph laughed.

"They hate me for leaving them in the car when I said: "Just a minute!" " Anna smirked.

"See you later, OK?" Steph asked.

"See you Steph." Anna replied.

Steph listened to Anna get cussed out for making them wait and she laughed and waved as they drove off. Mark came out and squeezed her shoulders and she smiled. Maybe having a baby wasn't as scary as she thought it would have been.

__________________________________________________________

Your esteemed writer was writing/dancing to "Party in the USA", "Wings" (Little Mix), and

"#Selfie" <- more of an adult song, sorry younger viewers, you're fate is in your own hands <- Chainsmokers.

It has only been a couple of months since I read "Into The Dark", Anna married Bradshaw, right? I'm pretty sure.

The chapters with Stephanie's friends are fun to write. My gosh.

Anna belongs to @Debwood-1999

Remember this song.