A "Family" Reunion

2/20/24

It was a wonderful day for old friends, and old co-workers. Vince and Linda had hosted a huge party for the old wrestlers of the Attitude and Renaissance Eras. Held in a huge school gym, it was the perfect place to hang out or go outside.

Steph and Anna were grabbing some food and just chatting. They hadn't seen each other for a long time, it had been nice to finally sit down and talk about their husbands, kids, etc. Mark and John (Bradshaw) were yapping in a quiet corner and the kids were all over the place. Steph noticed Stevie and Patrick (Anna's [non-canon for character] son) were talking.

"You see those two flirting over there?" Anna asked.

"Well, their the same age." Steph replied.

"23, yeah. It's kind of cute." Anna answered.

"Did you know Stevie's getting ready to debut?" Steph asked.

"Oh yeah? That's cool." Anna replied.

"I'm being a typical Mom, worrying she's going to hurt herself...It only takes one botch." Steph lamented.

"I bet your mother thought the same when you debuted in '00." Anna answered.

The men walked up, Anna smiled at her husband and Steph looked at Mark.

"What are you two up too?" She asked.

"Wishin' we could get drunk and spend some quality time with our wives." John commented.

"Two is more than enough! And Steph doesn't need a fourth." Anna retorted.

"I'm pretty sure "extra careful" is a good place to start." Mark answered.

"Hardy har, har." Steph said. "You said that before kid three happened too."

"What about me?" Lucy hollered across the room.
"Nevermind!" Steph yelled back.

A moment of comfortable silence passed, Steph got close to Mark and leaned on him.

"Did you see our daughter over there?" Steph asked, pointing towards Stevie and Patrick.

"What a player, she flirts with Kurt too." Mark answered.

"Stevie flirts with Kurt Helmsley?" Anna asked in surprise.

"Oh yeah, when they were kids, they hated each other, when they were teenagers, Hunter and I both were keeping tabs on them." Mark replied.

"What about me?" Hunter asked, walking over with Joan.

"Talking about your son and my daughter." Mark told him.

"What about your daughter, Anna? Nicole. She seemed to have her eye on my boy." Joan said.

"She does? Hmm, never noticed." Anna replied.

"Well, who wants to track down and embarrass the kids?" John suggested.

"You are worse than I am." Mark replied. "But I'm game."

The adults agreed, and well, it was routine check up time anyway. They knew their kids were adults (well, Nicole, and Lucy aren't), and could take care of themselves, but what were parents for anyway?

"You ever want to join us at the commentators booth, on Smackdown!?" John asked.

"Why? Booker getting boring?" Mark replied.

"Naw, I just need someone we can really start things going with, you know, messing with the rookie's, commenting on all the botches, or how they could've done better." John replied.

"Wow. As co-owner, that is not my job. My job is to encourage the rookie's, and let people know when they've been a disappointment, and to help out." Mark answered.

"Yeah, sure." John answered, laughing a little.

"John, it's going to be impossible to talk him into it. I warned you." Anna replied.

"Yes, well, one could try. Can't they, Anna? He's been retired long enough." John retorted.

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to see you in public again, give ya an excuse to not be so snarly backstage." Steph told Mark.

"Wow, wow, snarly? Speak for yourself, PMS miss." Mark replied.

"Excuse me?" Steph retorted.

"Hey, don't blame me. It's just a girl thing." Mark answered.

They finally had made it over to Stevie, Daryl, Kurt, Jackson, Nicole and Patrick. Apparently they were talking about 80s music and their parents.

"Sup?" Stevie asked.

"What's up?" Steph asked.

The kids rolled their eyes. "If you want to cause trouble, go find Lucy and Nicole." Kurt said.

"Excuse me? Since when were you the boss, mister?" Joan asked.

"Since I became an adult, I am equal to you now."

"You spoilin' for a fight, Kurt Tee? Because your Dad will kick your ass." Daryl commented.

"Who says, blondie?" Kurt replied.

"I say." Daryl said, she took Kurt's knee out from under him and he stared at her in shock.

"See? I could kick your ass. Your Dad would destroy you." Daryl replied.

"Nice one, dyed blonde one." Stevie told Daryl.

"Thank you." Daryl responded.

Everyone was called for the main meal and they went towards the dinner tables. Afterwards, everyone helped clean up, and the day was over. Mark and Steph trucked all three of their children home. (Stevie and Daryl had ridden with them. Since they had no idea where to go.) It had been a good day, so much excitement and reunion. So much catching up, and fun. But now it was over, and now it was back to planning for Wrestlemania...Tomorrow.

__________________________________________________________________

I was dying writing the exchange between Anna, John, Mark and Steph. OMG. I didn't think I was going THERE. Whoops. Oh well, it made for a nice chapter. And yes, I suddenly got into 80s music. No, Michael Jackson. (No, not the inspiration for Jackson's name.)

Anna belongs to Debwood. :)