The Last Outlaw

Last Day of Wrestlemania 33, 2017.

Stevie, Daryl and Lucy sat alone in an office. They were watching the finale between Undertaker and Kane, if Kane won, Undertaker would be forced to give up his World Heavyweight Championship, wife and career. If Undertaker won, Kane would vanish, retiring in the process.

The three kids knew that this was their father's finale with the WWE. The other two were indifferent, but Stevie knew without this career, none of them would exist. Stevie thought about it for a moment, and silently thanked her grandfather for the Ministry of Darkness gimmick, life had a funny way of handling things, didn't it? Someone knocked on the door and Stevie told her sisters to stay there, standing she opened the door and almost slammed it shut.

Vincent McMahon stood there, holding the door to keep Stevie from slamming it shut, he asked if she'd just talk to him.

"Stay here." Stevie growled over her shoulder. She turned before following Vince and mouthed: "Lock the door."

Weary, Stevie followed him into another office. The match was playing there too, silently Vince motioned for Stevie to sit down, she did, Vince doing the same.

"Has your family told you, how this match is supposed to end?" Vince asked.

"Yes. Dad's supposed to win, but retire next Monday, vacating the title." Stevie replied.

"Can I ask you a question, as family?" Vince asked.

"Yes."

"How terrible was in it your household when I was released from prison?"

Stevie didn't know how to answer, was she supposed to lie or tell the truth?

"It was pretty bad." Stevie blurted.

She surprised herself, but kept her reaction hidden.

"They almost divorced, didn't they?" Vince asked.

"Yes."

Stevie was surprised at the sad look that crossed her grandfather's face.

"Do you know how hard it was, knowing your father wouldn't ever let me see my grandchildren?"

"What do you mean, ever?" Stevie asked. "He said when we were adults."

"Do you believe him? He hates me, Stevie. If your Mom wasn't out there, I wouldn't be seeing you, now. And luckily Joan and Hunter are distracted." Vince said.

"Is what your saying, that you decided to just let the wayward marriage, go? You tried to divorce them too." Stevie snapped.

"Unlike common belief, I too, believed that those papers were fake. The reason I left the building that night, was to find the person that gave them to me." Vince replied.

"But who gave you those papers?" Stevie asked.

"Hunter."

"You're lying."

"I'm not."

"Why would Hunter have reason to ruin my parents?" Stevie asked.

"Steph never told you, Hunter originally proposed to her, right?" Vince replied.

"No."

"She didn't? Surprising. Back in '97, Hunter proposed to her." Vince stated.

"And?"

"She turned him down, obviously, because of your father." Vince replied.

Stevie was about to speak again when Vince stopped her.