Hope

The next day, Stevie and Daryl sat next to the phone and awaited their henchwoman's verdict. They'd called Selena to see if she'd help, and she had told them to wait. Waiting was the last thing Stevie wanted to do, but it was worth it. Maybe. Half of the time. No, 5% of the time. If that. The phone rang and Stevie grabbed a hold of it. Picking it up, breathlessly she said: "Hello?"

"Stevie, it's Mom."

Stevie inwardly groaned, now was the worst time Mom could call. "What's up, Mom?"

"Me and Lucy will be stopping by the house to pick up some clothes and other supplies soon, since your Dad won't be home for a while. Will Daryl and yourself be there, I want to see my two troublemakers."

Stevie put on as happy as a voice she could muster. "That's great! We'll be here! When?"

"In a couple of days, maybe Friday afternoon. I'll call the day before we make the trip out. OK?"

"Awesome! See you then! Bye!"
"Bye, kiddo."

Stevie pushed the off button and she jumped when the phone rang again.

"Hello?"

"Stevie, I think I can get you and Daryl to the next PPV. If you are ready at five am."

"Selena, Mom's coming home."

"What?! That's great!"

"No, it isn't. They're just getting fresh clothes."

"Dammit, so what's the plan now?"

"I'll call you as soon as Mom calls again. I wonder if I could get Dad out here...?"

"Say no more, I bet I can get your Dad out there. Just let me know when."

"OK. Bye."

"Ciao."

Stevie grinned and looked at Daryl.

"This is perfect!" Daryl exclaimed.

"We just have to make sure Mom stays here long enough to talk to Dad." Stevie replied.

"True...Do you think she will talk to him?"

"I hope so."

The two sat in silence for a few moments, then the phone rang again.

"Sup?" Stevie asked.

"Hey, it's Mom again. I'll be home just a half hour after school, Friday. Don't fool around and not be there. OK?" Steph said.

"Got it, Mom. Bye." Stevie said.

"Goodbye."

Stevie almost lost it. It was almost like magic things had fallen into place so quickly. But now she had to prepare. Looking at the photocopied version of her parents forgotten vows, she wondered what she could do. She called Selena, telling her what was going to happen. Selena promised she'd try to get her dad to come out, and she'd call just before they were there. Stevie told her, they had to act casual over the phone, and they agreed. Daryl was ecstatic. Five years of trouble, and now things were looking up...Maybe.

__________________________________________________________________________

You know, just casually listening to Smooth Criminal while writing this. Pretty sure the end is near, unless I make it to 60 chapters. Then we're done.

Enjoy!