First Date

January 26th, 1995

"So, when can I see you again?" Mark asked Steph.

"I won't be here for the next couple of months. But the next show is at my hometown. Maybe if you picked me up at my best friend's?" Steph asked.

"Are you trying to seduce me?" Mark replied.

Steph turned bright pink. "No. But I do know a good place to eat."

Mark chuckled. "I'm kidding, we can go out to eat. As long as your father doesn't find out."

"Deal." Steph replied.

"Gotta go. Cya!" Mark told Steph.

"Bye." Steph replied.

Steph felt her face grow pink even more, her heart was racing and she was shaking.
"Stephanie, relax, have you never gone on a date before?" she asked herself.

"Anna'll will know what to do. I hope."

* * *

January 31st, 1995

Steph was regretting telling Anna. Her best friend was laughing like mad and Steph was trying to figure out how to get ready.

"Steph, seriously! You've done your hair twice, changed three times in an hour and redone your makeup. And you'd better hurry if you want to be ready before he shows up--crap."

The doorbell rang downstairs and Anna ordered Steph to grab her clutch, as she went to answer the door.

"Oh God, I can't do this. What was I thinking?! He's a wrestler! And he's 30 years old! What am I doing?" Steph asked.

"Steph! I'm going to steal your date if you're not going to come down here!" Anna shouted up the stairs.

"Coming! I'm coming!"

She ran downstairs and sighed in relief, she hoped she didn't look underdressed, and she didn't. She wore her favorite bands' tee shirt and jeans with small earrings and a bracelet. Well and her clutch. Mark just wore jeans and a tee shirt.

"Hello." Mark said.

"Hi." Steph replied.

"She just adores you, Mr. She wouldn't shut up about this date." Anna said.

"Anna!" Steph snapped, whirling around.

"Well, at least my buddy Glen will be happy to know he wasn't the only one hearing non-stop about this date." Mark replied.
"Really?" Steph asked.

"I'd like to meet him sometime, see how he deals with his best friend." Anna said. "Sometimes it sucks."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." Steph replied.

Mark smiled. "Should we get going?"

"Yeah, get outta here!" Anna said with glee.

"You're too excited to be home alone." Steph said.

"And you have cold feet. Get going before you become the third wheel." Anna answered.

Steph looked at Mark and he was chuckling at Anna. "Let's go." she said.

Mark nodded and Steph was surprised to see a motorcycle sitting outside. How in the heck hadn't they heard that?

"Have you ever been on a motorcycle before?" Mark asked.

"No." Steph replied.

"Then I'll stay below the speed limit. Here, put this on." Mark said, handing Steph a helmet.