The Sentence

April First, 2001.

Steph grunted softly as the baby kicked her. The baby clearly felt it's mother's stress, and was doing what it could to make Steph relax.

"Chill out, kiddo. It'll all be over in a few hours." She told her child.

It was better than talking to herself, that was for sure. Mark would be back soon, and she needed to be ready. She grabbed her purse and took a drink of icy cold water and felt the baby move away from Steph's stomach.

"Cold, eh? Yeah, I know." Steph commented.

Mark returned just to hear that sentence and he smiled. "Talking to yourself?" He asked.

"Of course not." Steph said.

"Pregnancy brain got you thinkin' I was here? I just got back, sweetheart." Mark commented.

"Why don't I give you a case of pregnancy brain?" Steph snapped.

Mark took a few steps back. "Relax, girl."

Steph rolled her eyes and walked out of the hotel room, Mark following. Sometimes, he did not help with mood swings, whatsoever.

* * *

Steph was surprised on how full the court room was. She noticed Mark's parents-Frank and Betty- were there too. Steph felt slightly unnerved but she took comfort in the fact, that Mark looked just as surprised as she was.

"Uh oh." Mark muttered.

"What is it?" Steph asked.

"I don't think they're going to be too happy with us, either."

"Why not?"

"Seriously, Steph?! We got married in a Black Wedding!"

"Crap."

Betty got up as soon as she saw them and greeted Mark with a typical Mom greeting. Steph, on the other hand, she shook hands with.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Stephanie, how are you?" Betty asked.

"I've been better." Steph admitted.

"Don't worry about it, this won't take but four hours." Betty replied.

"That is still a crapload of time, Mom." Mark muttered.

"So what? Now go talk to your father, will you?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Steph looked concerned but Betty reassured her. "How far along are you? I see you've got a bun in the oven."

Steph smiled. "About five months. Give or take."

"First one?"

"Yes."

"Always the hardest."

Steph cracked a little bit and Linda walked up.

"Hello, I don't think we've been properly introduced." Linda said to Betty.

"I agree, I'm Betty, Mark's mother." Betty answered.

"Linda, Steph's mom, it's nice to meet you." Linda said.

Steph walked away from there conversation and looked around, Joan was talking with Anna and Ryan, and Nicole was giving Hunter a hard time. Anna looked up, saw her and she walked over, hugging her friend.

"Well, I didn't expect to be seeing you in court, custody battle over the baby already?" Anna asked.

"Anna, be serious, I'm having a hard time here."

"Sorry, I shouldn't have done that." Anna replied.

"No kidding?" Steph asked.

* * *

  The judge had finally decided on a sentence for Vince. It had taken many more hours than expected and now it was time. Time to reveal what would happen with the former chairman of the WWF. He began to speak.

"Under these charges, and under request from an anonymous person, Vincent McMahon will be placed under a restraining order. Until the Callaway's deem necessary to eliminate the restraints."

At the anonymous person, Steph sent a sideways glance at Mark. She knew it had been him. But they would have to agree on when to remove the order. Steph thought it might be a while, and the court was dismissed. An officer leading Vince out of the building and into Linda's car nodded at Steph on the way out. She sighed inaudibly and wanted to find someplace quiet and cry herself to sleep. She knew it wasn't happening with Mark around, and he'd worry. But she'd be damned if she didn't cry at some point tonight. 

Steph muttered a 'thank you' and Vince was escorted off. Suddenly the pressure from the day caught up with her, and Betty suggested they go get some dinner.

__________________________________________________________________

This was a strange chapter, geeze, I'm feeling emo and goth today. So that's probably why the second edit of this was so strange. Also, to be clear, Mark and Vince, hate each other. Why? I'll explain later. (Unless somebody has a theory, then you're going to have to wait.)

And this explains why Vince left when he did after he came to. I think I was pretty blunt with that. And the ten year sentence, because I forgot to add that Vince had been destroying some of the equipment necessary to do live shows. Plus the forged signatures among other things. (Have you seen some of the stuff, he's done? It's a little nuts, if you ask me.)

 Edit: 3/31/17 Welp. I hope this is the final version of Vince's sentence, this is the third time I've written it. Vince's release has also changed. (If it hasn't, sorry, apparently I have not gotten around to it yet. LOL.)