Endless Night

Present Day.

Steph was half asleep as the door clicked open. She turned and saw, Selena, Shane and Mark. She looked at the clock and noticed it was two am.

"Did you find him?" Steph asked, getting up and hugging Mark.
"Does it look like it?" Selena snapped.

"We filed a missing persons report, we met up with the others at the police station down the road. If he is seen they'll call either me, Shane or Selena." Mark answered.

Selena's phone rang, she picked it up and panicked as soon as she picked up.

"Uncle Hutch? What's wrong? Oh God, hold on. I'll be there in twenty minutes." Selena said.

"What's wrong?" Steph asked.

"My Uncle's mare went into labor. I know, the least of our problems right now, but she's having difficulties. I have to go. Call me tomorrow!" Selena said.

Steph called wait, but Selena didn't hear her. Steph ran to the door of the room and noticed Selena was long gone.

"Let her go. You need to rest." Mark said.

Steph barely noticed the others had left and it was only her and Mark left.

"I guess we'll have to head out a little later than planned, we'll have to call Paul, the next city is close to where he lives. We won't make it there in time for Smackdown." Mark said.

"Huh?" Steph asked.

"Alright pregnancy brain, get to bed." Mark replied.

Steph just decided to do as she was told and changed.

* * *

The next morning, around 8 thirty, Selena walked into the hotel. Steph looked up and waved. Selena looked terrible. She wore a different outfit than the previous night and she looked like she hadn't slept at all.

"Are you alright?" Mark asked.

"I'll be better once we get that foal to feed. I was up all night, just got four hours of sleep." Selena replied.

"Have you eaten?" Steph asked.

"Yes. I ate about an hour ago." Selena replied.

She'd sat down next to them and Mark got up and brought her a coffee.

"Thanks, Mark." Selena replied.

She drank it and then commented: "You know, sometimes it does not pay to work for your company."

Mark stared at her and she smiled. "Kidding. I wouldn't trade this adventure for anything."

Steph looked out the window and vaguely heard Mark ask Selena how it went. Steph didn't hear anything else and fell asleep.

Mark jumped up as soon as he noticed Steph going to fall into her breakfast and shook her awake gently.

"Huh?! Mark, what are you doing? What happened?" Steph asked.

"You fell asleep just sitting here. Are you sure you want to get to the next stop today?" Mark asked.

"Positive. Just don't let me drive." Steph replied.

"You want to lay down somewhere safer?" Mark asked her.

"No. I'll be fine, Mark. Really." Steph replied.

"Alright. Alright. Just warn me if you feel like you're going to fall asleep again." Mark answered.

"K." Steph yawned.

Selena watched as Mark sat back down.

"Maybe you two should go back to your room. I'll grab another cup of coffee and come up then, OK?" Selena asked.

"Are you sure you want to eat alone?" Steph asked.

"You are falling asleep on us. Go rest up, OK?" Selena replied.

"See you in a bit." Steph answered.

Mark cleaned up and then he wrapped his arm around Steph's waist and walked her back upstairs.

____________________________________________________________

Don't feel like making a filler chapter of what happens between the two stops. I'm exhausted, so there is no chance in hell there'll be another update tonight. Ciao ppl.