Telling Mom & Dad

A week after the girls had come over Steph decided it was time she made a trip home. The next live event was near "home" anyway and Mark would stay at their house, in other words Steph was going alone.

"Are you going to be OK on the flight? I know Anna is going with you, but you haven't been 100% lately." Mark said.

Steph smiled. "I'll be fine, Mark, I'm only six weeks along. Sure morning sickness is a pain but I can do it."

Mark wasn't really convinced and just sighed.

"OK. If you're 100% sure."

"Positive." Steph answered.

"And you complain about being a nagging wife, sometimes I'm worse than you!" Mark replied.

Steph laughed and just hugged him, still giggling all the while.

"See you in a few days, alright? I promise I'll call after I get settled in. OK?" Steph asked.

"Alright." Mark said, kissing her. "See you."

Steph grabbed her bag and purse and walked out just in time to see Anna pull up.
"Sup, girl? You ready to go home, already? And I thought the marriage would last." Anna sighed.

"You!" Steph replied, throwing her stuff in the backseat.
"What? I'm only being supportive." Anna replied.

"Let's just get going before I decide to sock you." Steph laughed.

"Alrighty, bawse." Anna drawled.

* * *

Steph had called from the airport to let her parents know she was on her way over and her mother said Shane and Marissa were going to be there as well. She said that was perfect and now she was in the process of knocking on the door. Linda opened said door and greeted her. Steph entered and smelled cookies, she smiled and quickly put her bags away.

Internally she was debating how she was going to tell her parents that she was pregnant and wondered what their reactions would be. She had semi forgiven her Dad but things were still a little icy between them. Things would hopefully look up for them soon, but she hoped her Dad would be happy with the news of the baby.

She went back downstairs and everyone was in the living room. Steph remember she'd been there a few weeks ago and she relaxed slightly. So she'd been pregnant the last time she was here too, huh? She sat down and noticed everyone was also seated.

"So, sis. What's new?" Marissa asked.

Steph smiled, Marissa had always been so nice, now she was going to drop a bomb on them.

"Well, nothing much." Steph replied. "Except for my friends coming over last week."

"That's cool, Anna still the same old Anna?" Marissa asked.

"She's changed a little bit." Steph replied.

"Sweet. How is Mark?" Marissa asked.

"Why? What have you heard?" Steph asked.

Marissa laughed. "So I guess married life has treated you well?"

"Yeah. It's almost too well." Steph replied.

"Really now? Any details?" Marissa asked.

"Well, pregnancy is one." Steph blurted.

She was mentally slapping herself when Linda looked up.

"What did you say?" she asked.

"Surprise, I'm having a baby." Steph replied.

Marissa's grin was so big Steph thought she was going to break her face.

"Congrats, Steph! Ahhh! So married life has been treating you, very well!" Marissa grinned.

"Marissa!" Shane exclaimed, looking at her.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm just excited!" Marissa babbled.

"My baby girl has grown up." Vince said suddenly.

Steph looked at him and he hugged her. "Congratulations." he said.

Hugs were passed around and Linda asked how many weeks along she was.

"Six and a half, now." Steph replied.

"When did you find out?" Marissa asked.

"Two weeks ago, after Raw." Steph answered.

Shane just shook his head and smiled. "Just think, you knew and didn't tell us then."

"I don't remember exactly what happened, but Mark says I came in crying and he had no idea what was wrong with me. He was so worried." Steph replied.

"Well, I hate to break this up but there are cookies to eat." Linda said.

"It's just adding to the party!" Steph laughed.

Steph smiled and got up and followed everyone into the kitchen. She was happy that had gone over so well.

_____________________________________________

I feel like I do not know how to end chapters. I feel like this will be the last chapter for two weeks. Because Christmas and family and stuff. I might find time to update though!

Anna belongs to Debwood-1999, the author of the original story.