Kidnapped By My Mate

"Phoenix wait!" Nick yells running down his driveway after me.

"Why should I Nick?" I ask turning to look at him.

"Just let me explain what you saw in there," He said desperately.

"You have nothing to explain! I saw what you were doing in there," I said pointing towards his house.

"I'm sorry," He said trying to grab my hand but I pull it back.

"It's too late for that!" I yell not letting the tears fall.

"Phoenix, please, you know how much I love you," He said taking a step towards me.

"Really? I fell for it the first time but this is the second time Nick! I know I shouldn't have gotten back together with you," I said pointing a finger at him.

"But what about the plan for our future?" He asks but I just roll my eyes.

"Forget about it! It was stupid anyway," I told him before turning on my heel and walking over to my 60's Chevy pickup. I get into the driver's seat and peel out of his driveway before I let the tears start to form and  made it halfway down the street when white smoke begins to swirl from the hood.

"Oh, no girl please don't do this now" I mumble.

I pull over to the curb, turning the truck off and sit there for a second trying to regain my composure. Getting out, I walk to the front and lift the hood I fan the cloud of white smoke out of my face. Not needing to look at the engine to see what was wrong, I head back to the cab of the truck to grab the roll of gray duct tape that I kept in the glove department and my phone. I dial my friend Torey's number and roll the sleeves of my sweatshirt up before yanking the old piece of duct tape off the radiator cap. 

"Hey girl, I thought you were going on a date with Nick tonight?" She asks while she munches on something.

"I was going to but something came up," I said trying not to let the tears fall.

"He didn't!" She screams while I yank the phone a safe distance away from my ear.

"He did, look I don't want to talk about it over the phone can you meet me at Bonnie's in five?" I mumble, tearing the piece of duct tape off the roll with my teeth and securing it onto the cap.

"Yeah, order my usual for me and I expect a full explanation," She said sternly before ending the call.

Shaking my head and smiling as I put my phone into my back pocket, and shut the hood. I jump into the cab of the car and  start my truck again before heading to my town's local coffee shop Bonnie's. 

I was scrolling through my Twitter waiting for my order when two tall guys walk through the door pushing each other. The one with dark hair catches me glancing their way and we make awkward eye contact. His eyes became darker and glazed over causing me to blink and look back at my phone trying to think nothing of it. 

"Phoenix," 

I slide my phone into my back pocket of my jeans and walk over to the counter. I smile at the worker and thank her for the coffee before I turn and smack into something making the coffee spill over the front of my sweatshirt. 

"My day just got better," I sigh.

I grab some more napkins and bend down to clean up the puddles of coffee on the floor. I go to grab the empty coffee cup, but my hand lands on top of a hand. Tiny shocks pulsate up my hand which causes me to pull my hand back and look up to see the bluest eye's with specks of green and yellow. 

"I am so sorry, let me buy you your coffee again," He chokes out as we both stand. 

"It's okay, it's not a big deal," I say as I begin to wipe the coffee off of the now brown tiger logo off of my Missouri sweatshirt.

"I insist," He urges handing me another handful of napkins.

"Really it is okay, I heard coffee is good for clothing and way better than actually drinking it," I say sarcastically, but with a playful hint to it. 

He chuckles, and I smile, "You sure you don't want me to buy you another coffee?"

"Yeah it's fine, I'll just con my friend into buying me some," I explain, "I guess I should let you order."

I stepped out of the way and walked over to a table by the front window. Looking down at my shirt I let out a sigh knowing it was going to be a pain in the butt to try and get it out. I glanced up when the bell from the front door rung and saw Torey walk through the door, her eyes scanned the store and when she saw me she walked over.

"Sweetie, what the hell did you do to your shirt, did you fall into a puddle or something?" She asked trying not to laugh.

"Very funny but no it's coffee," I said and she frowned.

"You're such a klutz sometimes," She said shaking her head.

"For your information, it wasn't my fault, this time, the guy over there ran into me," I said rolling my eyes.

"Which one the hot Brunette or the sexy blonde?" She said eyeing the two guys.

"Brunette," I said nonchalantly.

"I'll be back," She said standing up but I grabbed her arm.

"Easy tiger, it's fine just sit down," I said with a chuckle.

"It is not fine, he is the reason why I am not drinking an iced coffee right now," She said crossing her arms.

"You are such a child, do I need to buy you another coffee?" I asked but she shook her head.

"No I don't want one now," She said playing with a loose string on her sweater, "So about Nick?"

I sighed and told her what I found when I got to Nick's house and she shook her head,

"I told you, you should have dumped his sorry butt the first time you caught him cheating," She said.

"Yeah I know," I mumbled blinking tears away.

"Hey it's okay you were jut blinded by his cuteness," She said patting my hands, "Now to celebrate you dumping that jerk, I'm going to buy us coffee and we're going to have a girls night. We'll have a Friends marathon."

I let out a small laugh, "Okay."

She smiled before getting up and walking over to the counter, I glanced over at the guys sitting over on the other side of the store to see the guy who bumped into me, already looking at me. I blushed and looked away, I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and texted my twin brother Colt

Hey Colt I'm going over to Torey's, I'll be home tomorrow :) Oh yeah and the radiator in my truck is busted

I didn't take long for him to reply which is normal since he is super over protective

Okay, make sure to tell Mikey about it so he can get a tow truck over there. Torey's I thought you were going out to dinner with Nick?

Not anymore I'll tell you about it later.

Okay :(

I put my phone back into my pocket and Torey walked up to me and handed me my coffee, "Ready to go?"

"Yeah come on," I said with a smile, we linked arms and walked out the shop to her car.