Chapter 9: Why Are You Here

The three of us made our way down the stairs talking about school when all of us slowed down seeing Ryder arguing with a girl. Lance let out a sigh and shook his head before motioning us to keep moving, I followed behind but I couldn't help but let my gaze linger on the two. I pushed aside the weird burning feeling in my chest and followed after Lance and Torey, when we got outside Torey answered the question we both were thinking.

"Who was that girl that Ryder was with?" She asked with her eyebrows pressed together.

"That was Vikki. She and Ryder were kinda a thing a little while back but he found out that she was cheating on him so he dumped her butt," Lance said shaking his head, "To be honest I'm really glad that he found you Phoenix because all of us hated her."

I nodded a wave of relief crashing over me. When we walked into the small dinner we were greeted by a older lady who smiled when she saw us walk through the door.

"Hello Lance," She said happily giving him a hug when she saw Torey and I standing behind him which made her smile even more, "Lance who are these two pretty ladies with you."

"I'm Phoenix and this is my friend Torey." I said with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you two it's not every day Lance brings two pretty girls with him," She said poking Lance and the ribs which made him blush, "So what will it be a booth or a table?"

"We'll take a table." Lance said and the lady we still didn't know the name of showed us to our table. 

She asked what we would have to drink and I found out her name was Margret. 

The three of us were talking when the door opened and Ryder walked in. He looked around the diner and when he saw us he smiled and made his way over. He sat down next to Lance and when Margret came back the four of us ordered food and Ryder ordered his drink also.

We were all eating, talking and laughing when both of the boys eye's glazed over and got this far off look which made Torey and I look at each other.

"This is a lot creepier in person that what I imagined it looked like." I whispered to Torey and she nodded glancing at Lance. When both boys blinked a few times we both knew that they were back but from the looks on their faces they were not happy.

"Your brothers are at the pack house causing a ruckus." Ryder said with a low growl and I just sighed.

"I should go then and make sure they don't hurt any one. Especially because of me." I said getting up but Ryder grabbed my bandaged hand making sure he was gentle.

"We'll go with you." He said standing up Torey and Lance right behind him and yet again it was three against one. 

We weren't even through the doorway when my brothers started to fire questions at me,

"Do you know how worried we were? Especially Colt I swear Phoenix do you ever think about anyone but yourself," Ross said shaking his head.

 "More importantly why the hell are you here with the pack." Brendan asked

"I....." I started to say something but was cut off by Brendan.

"We can talk about this at home," Brendan said and that's when his gazed went to my bandaged up hands, "What the heck did you do to your hands? Do you ever run your mind before you do anything?"

"Nothing important. What's important is the secret you guys kept from Colt and I! When were you going to tell us that you two were werewolves!" I asked looking between them.

"We are not talking about this here," Brendan said grabbing my wrist which made Ryder growl and step between us. 

"Brendan, Ross tell your sister everything and I mean everything"

They bothed sighed and Ross talked first

"Ok so where to start, well we are werewolves"

"Wait hold on what do you mean by we"

"The whole family so mom, dad, us, Colt, and you, but Colt and you havent shifted yet because you know that doctor we take you to that you talk about mom and dad with"

"Yes I fucking hate him and he hates me"

"Yeah whatever but he is a warlock so he puts your wolf to sleep to stop you guys from shifting but you havent been there this month because you are irresponsible and forgot about it"

"Dont you start with the irresponsible shit with me Ross you guys are the ones who leave your younger siblings everyday to come and play wolf boys all day"

Brendan raised his hand but then lowered it and let Ross continue

"Can I finish the story please?"

"Sure"

"Ok so we never wanted you guys to shift so we brought you guys to him and thats how its been, ok that's over with lets move to mom and dad"

"What about mom and dad?"

"They didnt die in a car wreck the pack was attacked and they died fighting but we staged it like a car wreck so you guys wouldnt find out about Weres. Thats how we wanted it to stay you dont know about werewolves but that changed"

They both glared at Ryder and Ryder growled.

"Ok we told you everything you are coming with us and you cant see Ryder anymore"

"Why the fuck not!"

"You just cant ok he will cheat and hurt you we are going home now"

Brendan grabbed my wrist again and dragged me outside and put me in the car. Ryder ran out of the house and grabbed Brendan. They started yelling at eachother and I looked at Ross to do something.

"Cant you do something Ryder is gonna end up killing him"

Ross sighed but opened up his door and walked over to both of them and they all started yelling at eachother. I buried my face in my hands and took a deep breath before opening the door. I stormed inbetween the three of them and put my hand on Brendan's chest and my other one on Ryder's chest.

"STOP IT!!!!"

They both started to argue but I quieted them both down.

"Brendan and Ross get in the god damn car," Brendan opened his mouth but I stopped him "Don't just go."

He grumbled under his breath but got in the car and as I looked at Ryder I saw the smirk on his face. I smacked his arm and he looked at me

"I don't need you starting more shit or making it worse"

"Me, he's the one taking my mate away"

"Look I know your mad"

"Mad, Phoenix I'm more than mad, its a wolf thing and being a alpha makes it worse, we need our mates or else we go crazy."

"Look we'll figure something out but i really need to go before Brendan blows a casket"

Ryder clenched his jaw which made me roll my eyes, I got on my toes and kissed his cheek.

"I'll talk to you later"

Leaving it at that I turned and got back in the car.