Chapter 17

"Hi is this Carl?"

"Yes"

"Do you remember a girl name Avery that you were dating?"

"Yeah she was taken from me by a wolf and she was pregnant with my children"

"Well your talking with your daughter and your son is right next to me"

"No way"

"Yeah you have twins my name is Phoenix and your son's name is Colton"

"Those are good names something your mom would of chose how is she?"

"She died a few years ago from a car accident I have been living with my step brothers who I thought were my real brothers since a few days ago"

"My god I didnt even know if I did I would have came and took custody of you two"

"Its ok there was no way you would have found out"

"So you guys are 17 now?"

"Yeah we also found out that Colton and I are cheetah wolf shifters"

"Really those are rare"

"Yeah I think Colt wants to talk"

I hand Colt the phone and slump down on the couch. I was deep in my thoughts thinking about my mom before she died. I was thinking about the time all of us were at the beach and Colt, mom and I were on the beach looking for sea shell's and we found a tide pool. I was interupted by Ryder shaking me lightly. I shook my head and looked at him. 

"Baby why are you crying?"

I wiped my cheeks and realized I was crying.

"Sorry I was just remembering a time when Colt, my mom and I were at the beach when my life was joyful and full of love. I just miss her so much"

I felt the tears coming again and I couldnt hold them back so I let them fall. Ryder sat on the couch and pulled me onto his lap. I laid my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around my waist. We stayed like that for a while when a big yawn came out of know where. Ryder stood up still holding me and took me to my room.

"We forgot to grab my crutches"

"Thats ok I wanted to keep holding you"

I smile weakly and then we were at my room. He took me in and was about to set me on my bed when I said something that shocked the both of us.

"Can you probably stay with me tonight?"

"Sure if you want me to"

We both lay down and I fell asleep instantly in his arms.