Pack Doctor

I opened my eyes slowly to be in a pitch black room, blinking a few times I let my eye's adjust to the darkness before I could kind of see where I was. I went to rub my eyes but my hands were stuck above my head and that I couldn't feel them the thoughts were cut short when I heard shuffling in front of me.

"Nix are you in here or there at least?" Torey asked sounding tired and worried.

"Yeah I'm here," I mumbled trying to ignore the pounding headache.

A rush of light filled the cell which made me close my eyes and flinch away. When I opened my eyes again I blinked a few times to get the tears from falling, after I got my vision back I saw Torey sitting on the other side.

"At least they had the decency of putting us in the same prison cell together," I joked rolling my eyes.

Loud thumps came from above us and out of nowhere the cell door was ripped from the hinges and Ryder was right in front of me. I heard the jingle of keys and the pressure on my wrists disappeared but the small tingle and burning feeling was still there. I tried to move my wrists around but it hurt way to bad, I looked down at them and my eyes widened they were red, swollen and covered in blisters. I didn't have a real chance to react because my hands were taking into Ryder's, he looked as bewildered as I was because Torey's were just fine. The burning went away slightly which allowed me to feel the small tingles running up my arms from Ryder's and my hands touching. I blinked a few times before my brain caught up with the current events and I snapped.

"HAVE YOU GUYS EVER JUST THOUGHT THAT MAYBE ASKING TWO GIRLS TO DINNER AND TELLING THEM THEY WERE YOUR MATES INSTEAD OF KIDNAPPING THEM! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE KIDNAPPED?" I yelled yanking my hands from Ryder's hands standing up and jabbing my fingers into Ryder's chest.

Torey place a hand on my shoulder giving me a small glare before turning back to the boys, "What Phoenix was trying to say was maybe telling us we are your mates instead of keeping it from us would have been a better choice than kidnapping us but we totally accept you guys."

"That was not what I was saying at all" I said with a frown which made Torey thump me on the back of my head and gave me look, "But yeah totally correct about the accepting part."

They both looked at us looking a little shocked but overall relieved. My eye's drifted down to my injured hands and before I could stop her ,Torey, grabbed my hands making me scream out in pain when it felt like a thousand knives going through my hands. Me screaming out made Ryder rush to my side and take me hands gently in his.

"I'm fine wolf boy it's just blisters and swelling from the handcuffs that those boneheads you call pack members put on me," I mumbled and took my hands from his again, "It's going to be fun explaining this to my brothers when I get home."

"Nix you can't. You know how bad Colt would freak out, let's not mention what Brendan would do." Torey said shaking her head.

"Exactly what would Brendan do to Phoenix?" Ryder asked his eyes turning a darker shade of green. I glared at Torey knowing his possessive side was coming out, "What would your brother do to you?" He asked again in a low growl.

"First of all do not use that tone of voice with me that's a big no and he would just yell at me for not being careful like always." I said with a shrug and Lance looked at me with big eyes probably shocked I said that to his Alpha but I could care less.

"We should get you to the pack doctor to get your hands checked out." Lance said shaking his head obviously worried about why my hands were like that.

"That's alright. I don't really think I need to get them checked out they will probably be okay in a hour or so." I said shaking my head which made Torey shake her head.

"Something to know about Phoenix, she doesn't like doctors. She could be shot and dying on the ground and she will say shes fine and doesn't need to go," Torey said to the boys before turning towards me and grabbing my elbow, "You're going to the doctor, Phoenix and no buts its three against one."

I kept my mouth shut knowing there was no way I was going to win which made Torey smirk and motioned to the boys to show us the way. We walked through the huge house keeping my head down trying not to let any of the looks we got bug me. Ryder knocked on the door and a girl not older than thirty opened the door,

"Ryder, what a surprise what can I help you with?" She asked and her eyes landed on me and then went to my hands, "Oh I see. Come in dear."

I pulled away from Torey and walked passed the doctor and when they went to walk in behind me she put her hands up.

"You three stay out her, it will be way to cramped with all of us." She said and before Ryder or Torey could interject she shut the door. She turned towards me and gave me a small smile, "Follow me dear."

I pushed down the butterflies in my stomach and took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves. She looked nice but that still didn't help my feelings towards doctors. We walked into a small room and she patted the bed in the middle of the room and when I sat down she gently grabbed my hands making me flinch from the pain. Small wrinkles formed on her forehead as she looked at my hands

"How did this happen Sweetie?" She asked turning my right hand over in her hands.

"The handcuffs that were on me in the dungeon or jail whatever you guys call it." I said trying to ignore the pain in my hands.

"Hmm those are silver cuffs and you're human," She mumbled more to herself than to me. She set my hands down in my lap before turning and grabbing some things from the cabinets. She came over to me and set down two rolls of gauze and had some weird ointment in her hands. "This may sting a little but this will hopefully bring down the swelling."

I nodded and when she started to put the ointment on tears sprung to my eyes but I blinked them away. She gave me a sympathetic smile before wrapping my hands with the gauze, "I'm going to give you some of this ointment and that will hopefully help. Just put this on for two times a day and change the gauze and when they look healed go ahead and stop putting the ointment on."

"Thank you." I mumbled and she gave a small nod before leading me out of the room. When I walked out of the room Torey and Lance were both sitting in some chairs but Ryder was nowhere close.

Torey walked over and gave me a small hug before pulling back, "How bad was it?"

"Not bad at all just got to put this ointment on and wear this gauze for a little while and they should be fine." I said with a small shrug and Torey nodded.

"Lance was wondering if we would want to go and have lunch." Torey said motioning to Lance standing behind us.

"That sounds great but we don't have any money." I said my stomach giving a small protest by growling.

"Don't worry about that. The small dinner down the street is owned by the pack so we won't have to pay so technically Lunch will be on Ryder and me." Lance said leading us outside.