Chapter 11: Tombstone

Thumb Stone

Penelope's POV

Napagpasyahan kong umupo nalang muna sa bleachers habang hinihintay na matapos ang practice game ng soccer team. I was leaning against their locker room before but I couldn't take the smell that is lingering inside so I decided to just sit here.

Maddox is so focused on the game that he didn't notice me watching them play from the bleachers which is fine with me because I can have the chance to study him. He really does love playing soccer and is a good captain too.

May ibang studyante din sa gilid na hindi maghumayaw ang kasisigaw. Napangiti nalang ako. Kahit practice game lang ito ay todo parin sila sa pagchi-cheer. I find this girls adorable and kinda hate the soccer players because they're using it as an advantage to flirt with this girls then dumped them afterwards. And Maddox was once like them too. Sana nga lang ay talagang nagbago na siya.

Bumalik naman ang atensiyon ko sa fields nang biglang may nag whistle. Si Luke na goal keeper ay masiglang kumakaway sa akin kaya naman naka goal ang kabilang team. I laughed when one of his team mate punched him playfully. This gained Maddox attention. Just as I was enjoying the game, Luke have to ruin it.

Maddox asked for a break and ran towards me. He was already breathing hard when he reached me. Nahihiya kong inabot ang tubig na binili ko talaga para sa kanya.

"I wont be complaining if it's going to be like this every day." He grin and drank the water.

I watch him unconsciously while he drink the bottle of water. His adams apple moving up and down as he gulp and liquid drip down to his neck. It's like watching a commercial live in front of me.

Maddox noticed this and wiped his lips with the back of his hand.
"Don't be too flattered." Sambit ko na iniwas ang tingin sa kanya. "It was just a token of appreciation for helping me with my assignment last time."

"Ganon' ba? Bakit hindi mo na lubus-lubusin? I see you have a towel with you." He said staring at the towel in my hand.

"Para sayo talaga yan. Here." Inabot ko sa kanya ang twalya pero tumanggi ito.

"Nah... I'd like you to use it on me." He smirked and leaned closer to me.

Napalunok nalang ako at napilitang punasan ang pawis nito. He never took his eyes away from me as I wipe his sweat from his forehead down to his neck. I felt conscious of myself at the way he stare at me. I ran my tongue over my lower lip and his eyes instantly focused on my lips. Dammit. Wrong move Penelope.

His hand settled on my cheek as he slowly lean for a kiss when Luke called me.

"Hey! Red cheeks."

"Oh... Hi Luke."

Maddox is obviously pissed at the sudden distraction but I'm quite grateful at Luke for it. I don't like public display of affection unlike Maddox who obviously doesn't care if people will see us kissing. Kahit papano pala ay may silbi din ang pagkamadaldal ni Luke.

"Naka-uwi ka ba ng maayos kagabi?" Tanong ko dito.

"Yeah. I wouldn't be here if I didn't, right?" Sagot nito.

I scowled at his sarcasm.

"And because of you, I got scolded by my nanny." He pouts.

"You have a nanny?" I laughed. He's too old for a nanny.

"Siya na kasi ang nag-alaga at nagpalaki sa akin. I still call her nanny. Anyways, she was so mad at my dirty clothes. I told her I got it from licking and slurping. And she smack me on the face with my shirt!" Pagkukwento nito na ang tinutukoy ay ang ice cream na binili namin kagabi.