Chapter 31: A Blue in Love

A Blue in Love

Penelope's POV

I was at home, busy getting ready for school when the doorbell rang. I opened the door and a middle aged man with a wide smile in his face greeted me.

"Miss Penelope Grendel, right?" He asked with a comforting smile.

"Yes, what is it?"

"I am Paolo Lopez, the secretary of Mr. Emmanuel Preston." Pakilala nito sa sarili.

Kumabog bigla ang didbdib ko sa pagbanggit ng pangalan ng ama ni Maddox. "Ano pong kailangan nila?"

"I am sorry for disturbing you. I know you have your class today but Mr. Preston wanted to borrow some of your time for a small talk. He asked me to escort you, Ms. Grendel." He explained politely.

"Ano pong pag-uusapan namin?"

"Iyan po ang hindi ko alam."

Nag-isip muna ako ng ilang sandali bago nagdesisyong sumama dito. He opened the door for me and sat beside me while another suited man which I'm guessing is his driver, took us to the Preston's mansion.

Habang bumabyahe kami ay naglalakbay ang isip ko. Noong huli kaming nag-usap ay hiniling nitong makipaghiwalay ako kay Maddox. Hinayaan ko siyang manipulahin ako at kung hanggang ngayon ay hindi parin niya ako gusto para sa anak nito, hindi ko na hahayaang maaapektuhan ang relasyon namin ni Maddox nang dahil lang dito.

"We are here, miss." Paolo Lopez announced, getting out of the car and opening the door for me.

I found myself once again in front of this big mansion. Paolo escorted me to the second floor of the house. Unlike the last time I was here, the corridors is filled with different portraits of family members including Maddox when he was so much younger. I followed Paolo silently until he stopped in front of a wooden door and knocked.

"Come in." It was Emmanuel's voice coming from the other side of the door.

Paolo nodded on my way before leaving me. Huminga muna ako ng mamlalim bago tuluyang binuksan ang pinto.

Emmanuel was sitted in his chair with a laptop and piles of papers on top of his desk. I had a few seconds to study the whole room. It was filled with books, the leather sofa was in a deep brown color and even the walls were also painted in brown.

Emmanuel smiled at my way when he saw me. "Good day, Penelope. Maraming salamat sa pagpapa-unlak mong pumunta dito. I was planning to visit you again but as you can see, I don't have much of that free time for traveling so instead I ask Paolo to take you. I hope you don't mind lending me some of your time."

Hindi na muna ako sumagot hanggang sa makita ko ang isang litrato ng isang babe na naka-display sa mesa nito. It was a beautiful woman smiling at the camera.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Inalis ko agad ang tingin sa naturang litrato nang magsalitang muli si Emannuel. "This is Katrina."

Right, she is Maddox's mother.

"Come. I have something to show you." Emmanuel announced and gestured for the door.

We left his office and I followed him into another room. Pagpasok namin sa isang kwarto ay napagtanto ko agad na kwarto ito ni Maddox. The walls were painted in deep blue and all the furnitures were in black and white color. There were also some trophies displayed inside of a cabinet with glass doors.

"Kay Maddox po ba lahat ng ito?" Tanong ko habang pinagmamasdan isa-isa ang mga trophies. Some of it were from sport games and some were academics.