Chapter 32: Note of Betrayal

Note of Betrayal

🔔🔔🔔

Penelope's POV

"Marco will you take care of the shop while I'm away?" I asked softly as Marco wiped another tear from his eyes and nodded.

"Gano ka ba katagal mawawala insan? Please, wala na bang ibang paraan?" Umiiyak na tanong ni Cara.

"I don't know, Cara." I replied honestly.

I have made my decision to leave. The flower shop will be run by Marco as I couldn't be here anymore to manage it. Nakakalungkot man pero kailangan kong umalis. This decision probably sound absurd and stupid but I have to do it. Hindi sapat ang makipag-break lang kay Maddox. He will just end up choosing me over his dream. I have to leave him.

Hindi man lubos na maintindihan nila Cara at Marco ang naging desisyon ko ay handa naman silang saluhin ang mga naiwan ko.

"Where are you going?" Tanong ni Marco. "Which province? Or country? We can go visit you."

"Hindi ko din alam, Marco." Malungkot na sagot ko. Oo, nakapagdesisyon na akong umalis ngunit hindi ko parin alam kung saan ako pupunta. The only thing that is clear now is that I have to go.

"Please don't go." Cara begged with tear filled eyes.

"You know I can't." I whispered, shaking my head.

Cara and Marco continued to sob. Kahit na ilang beses pang sabihin sa akin ni Maddox na mas mahalaga ako kesa sa paglalaro niya ng soccer ay mas mahalaga siya sa akin at gusto kong  matupad ang pangarap niya.

"Kayong dalawa, wag na kayong masyadong mag-aaway, okay?"

"Please don't be gone for too long." Cara sobbed as they both hugged me one last time.

I stared at my mother's flower shop for the last time, memorizing each corners and flowers before I went to Maddox's house.

I plan to watch Maddox march in his graduation day before leaving. I wanted my last memory of him being happy.

With a deep breath, I knocked at his door. Maddox opened the door who looked like he was just about to fix his tie. His graduation coat and cap is neatly folded on the center table.

"Babe, you know you don't have to knock. This is your home." He grinned and kissed me. I will surely miss this. All his kisses and smiles.

"Alam mo kasing nagbibihis ka para sa graduation mo. I don't wanna see you naked." I joked.

"What? You want me naked?" He asked with a sly smiled and started playfully removing the bottons of his shirt. "Dapat kanina mo pa sinabi. You know I don't mind getting naked in front of you."

"Maddox stop!" I exclaimed with a laugh and buttoned his shirt again. "Let's get you dressed, okay?"

"But I want us both naked." He whispered. I thought he was still playing around but then when I looked up, his eyes were dilated and his gaze was fixed on my lips.

He gently pushed me against the closed door and rested both his arms on either side of me, preventing me from escaping.

"Maddox, you'll be late for your graduation." I reminded him and tried to remove his hand beside me but he only pushed me back and circled his arm around my waist.

"I don't care." He said huskily before connecting our lips.

My brain is telling me that we need to get ready and go but my body says the opposite. It only took me a few seconds before I lost all self control I have and responded to his kisses. I circled my arms around his neck and it was answered by a groan from Maddox.