Chapter 12: Does he make you feel this way?

Does he make you feel this way?

Warning warning warning 🔔🔔🔔

Penelope's POV

"Okay Maddox, I won't ever hurt you."

He smiled genuinely. There was joy in his eyes and I couldn't help myself to smile back.

"Thank you." Naluluha ngunit masayang sambit nito at niyakap ako ng mahigpit. "Will you be mine?" Bulong nito.

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?" I was taken a back and I tried to push him but he wouldn't let me go.

"Can you be my girlfriend?"

"Maddox, you made me promise not to hurt you and now you're asking me to be your girlfriend? Masyado yatang mabilis."

Sa wakas ay inalis na nito ang pagkakayakap sa akin at tinignan ako ng diretsyo.

"Listen to me. I want you the moment I saw you. I've love you for two years now. Hindi lang kita magawang lapitan dahil nahihiya ako. I was ashamed of my reputation and I was afraid of your rejection."

"Anong sinasabi mo? Two years?" Hindi ko maintindihan ang gusto niyang sabihin sa akin. How come he's been loving me for two years now when we don't even know each other a month ago.

"Yes. For more than two years. I bumped into you and you were crying. Malinaw pa sa isip ko ang eksenang iyon. At that moment I fell in love with you but you never even looked at me twice." Paliwanag nito.

Napatayo akong bigla sa lahat ng narinig. The fact that he love me shocked the hell out of me. Just, oh my god he love me and he's asking me to be his girlfriend! What the hell should I do?!

Napatayo din ito at nikayap ulit ako na para bang mawawala ako sa paningin niya.

"I love you, El. Please give me a chance. Alam ko babaero ako, alam kong seloso ako minsan but I promise you, I will take care and protect you. You don't have to worry about the other girls trying to flirt with me because there's no one else that can make me feel like the way you do. I feel like my heart is going to burst when I'm with you and my brain when I don't see you."

"Maddox, I'm sorry-"

"No. Don't say that. El please don't turn me down." He begged and his hold around me gets even tighter.

"I'm not turning you down Maddox. Kailangan ko lang ng panahon para mag-isip." Paliwanang ko.

"Okay." Maikling sagot nito at hinila nako patungong sasakyan nito.

"Okay what?" Naguguluhang tanong ko na pilit sinasabayan ang hakbang nito.

"I'm giving you an hour to think. When we arrive home, I want to hear your answer."

"Seryoso ka ba? One hour? I need at least a week!" I exclaimed with so much disbelief.

Napatigil ito sa paglalakad at hinarap ako.

"You're going to drive me insane if you make me wait for a week. Hell! I'm going insane right now just thinking about your answer."

"Then I'm giving you my answer now." I crossed my arms and a little bit annoyed at his behavior.

"Don't even say another word. You're going to reject me because you're angry. I don't want that to affect your decision. Let's go."

At wala na nga akong nagawa kundi sumunod sa kanya kahit na naiinis ako. I can't believe he's only giving me an hour. Maddox is definitely different from other guys.

Maddox opened the car door for me and covered my head with his hands just in case I hit the car.

He held my hand with his free hand the whole ride and just as instantly, I get distracted from thinking. Sa tingin ko, kahit na i-reject ko siya ay hindi ito papayag. Gagawa at gagawa ito ng paraan para mapasagot ako.