Chapter 19: Bruises and Bloody Lips

Bruises and Bloody Lips

Agad kong inalis ang kamay ni Jeremy na nakapatong sa akin at tumayo. I fixed my wrinkled clothes and stood to stop Maddox who was ready to attack Jeremy, placing my hands in his chest.

"What the f*ck is the meaning of this?!" He fumed, voice echoing inside my house. His eyes were bloodshot red and veins were visible in his hands as he had it in a tight fist.

"Maddox, calm down."

"Bullshit!" He cursed, his eyes displayed pure betrayal and disappointment, accusing me with a terrifying glare.

Jeremy groaned from behind me and got up stretching his body, displaying his naked chest. "Good mornimg, cutie pie. What's all this screaming in the morning?"

I glared at Jeremy asking him to just shut his mouth. His making everything worse with that stupid mouth of his. I don't think I can stop Maddox if he don't shut up then I won't be liable for his sudden death.

Maddox and Jeremy locked eyes and when I thought I have everything under control, I felt Maddox shake against my hands.
"I'm going to kill him." He whispered, more like to himself and lifted me, putting me aside to clear his way.

Jeremey had no idea what's happening so he just stood there with a confused look until Maddox throw a punch on his way, fist landing in his jaw.

"What the f*ck?!" Jeremy exclaimed wiping his bruised jaw who tumbled on the floor from the punch.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed, covering my mouth from shock.

Jeremy recovered and managed to stand but Maddox punched him again. This time, he didn't fall but he almost lost his balance and took several steps backwards. The second punched caused Jeremy's lips to bleed.

I saw Cara emerged from the bathroom who had her jaw open from the scene in front of her. She ran towards me. "What the hell happened?"

"He... Maddox saw us together in bed and he must've thought something happened between us. He just snapped and attacked Jeremy! Cara, do something!"

I screamed when Jeremy managed to throw a punched at Maddox way hitting his face. Maddox tackled Jeremy and they both fall on the floor.

"Shit! What do we do? They'll end up killing each other!" Cara yelled.

There's no way Cara and I can stop two muscular guys fighting. My hands were shaking as I watched the two of them throw punches at each other. Jeremy was beneath Maddox as he tried to push him off. Maddox raised his fist for another punched but I screamed.

"Stop! If you hurt him again, Maddox. I swear, I'm going to break up with you!" This made Maddox freeze. He inhaled deeply and then pushed back Jeremy as he removed himself on top of him and faced me.

Jeremy was breathing hard as he groaned from all the punches he received. Thank goodness he's still conscious! Cara run towards him and helped him sit.

"Oh god, are you okay?" Cara asked as she drop to her knees beside him.

"What f*ck was that?" Jeremy asked as he shook his head.

Maddox has his chest moving up and down and his hands are still in a tight fist. He was glaring at me.

"You'll break up with me? To what? To be with this bastard?!" He yelled.

I walked towards him and he flinched when I tried to hold his arms, avoiding my touch.  There was a constant anger in his eyes. Anger that was intended on my way.

"Maddox, you have it all wrong—"

"I have it all wrong? I found my girlfriend in the morning on the floor with a shirtless f*cker. What do you expect me to think?" He exclaimed combing his hair with his fingers in frustration.